What’s on your mind?

Yes I am . Plenty of slope around me . Hope this helps the firefighters in Yreka battling the McKinney fire . I was planning on grilling some chicken tonight. That changed to bacon and eggs. It’s raining pretty good.

5 Likes

I have one friend couple that got evacuated from Yreka.
They’re at the fairgrounds and I think their animals are in Weed.
:frowning:

3 Likes

Damn it . The fire wasn’t caused by lightning. And there was two people found.

1 Like

Training? Training?
Twitching eye??
You are asking for a good beating my man. Don’t tempt me.

Voldemort holds court on his fb. How he accepted my friend request I will never know.

But there it is. I will never sit at the cool kids lunch table there but just this once something happened.

I was talking to some dude from portugal about my obsession with Aunt Ester and how conan has made my dearest dream come true.
      How conan and I sometimes go pocketbook shopping and I test each purse by smacking him with it. Employees find this very entertaining.

Anyway dude said that conan was lucky to have me to give him a good beating once in awhile.

Nailed it.

1 Like

At last I found some time to post the Kadupul flower photos I took a few weeks ago.
Starting from the early days, to them in full bloom, and then the next morning the plant with the flowers gone. Photos may not be clear as my phone camera is not the iphone quality, and the flower blooms only at night. It starts at around 9 pm, and is full at around 11 pm. Here they are.

7 Likes

10 Likes

8 Likes

Uploading: IMG20220716224117.jpg…

12 Likes

Oh how interesting and beautiful! Thanks for posting. How are things in SL?

3 Likes

Wow. Wonderful. Glad to see you.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping this fine thread doesn’t fall of the “no politics” wagon :blue_car:

2 Likes

I still don’t know how this site works.
Once in awhile around here someone gets shot to death by police.
There was a very sad case where the town crazy was killed.
Locals were very unhappy.

The victim was young, living in an abandoned factory and just wandering around mumbling to himself

He was five foot nothing and Four officers had him handcuffed behind his back.

The fifth cop was calling it in, he was the one in charge when the shots rang out.

Apparently the police thought he was going for one of their guns. I learned of this tragedy from a fb friend.

a wa wa employee (convenience store) called the police because the victim was acting erratically outside the store not even on store property.

I commented on his fb which I regret. I typed that it was a shame the police were called.
I was informed by a random commenter that the cashier was just doing her job. How would she have felt if someone had gotten hurt?

I turned off the internet.

When I was politely and gently scolded by my beloved anime character totoro I was told the mods simply can’t read everything. I think members have way too much fun with the secret complaining…

I have a plan. Trash WOYM every chance I get on other threads. I want to type keeps the riff raff away but we Are the riff raff. wildflowers like dandelions and milkweed in the garden of HO.

Who Learns Will Love and Not Destroy the Creatures Life The Flowers Joy

2 Likes

There are people who have to ruin every thread with a personal agenda. It’s a shame, really.

3 Likes

I consider it a gift to all of us. Thank you!

2 Likes

Things are still same. They have introduced a QR code for fuel rationing but still two or three Kms long queues for fuel. People spend average two nights in the vehicle to obtain the ration of about 4 litres of petrol. It’s useless talking about it, actually. I got a gig that pays me around 4 USD per day, and that’s for a month. But there are people without even that. Prices have gone up by 300% or more, literally. Just yesterday I called a computer repair shop to get a new display for my 8 years old laptop. They quoted the total purchase price. Lol. I decided to forget it :sweat_smile:.

8 Likes

I’m sorry. That all sounds terribly taxing, and I hope things will improve somewhat for you in the not too distant future. What else is there but hope?

Also, thank you for reminding those of us who’ve been bitching about a buck or two more for gas or other commodities of just how privileged we truly are. Keeps things in perspective - or at least it should.

7 Likes

I know, right? :triumph:

4 Likes

Sadly, some of the worst offenders often seem to be unaware of their own behavior.

5 Likes

Just heard about this (just looked it up b/c of your mention, I mean), and trying to figure out how it took so long to come to light. OTOH, reading deeper than just the headlines, I’m finding the repeated phrase that some of the scores were "off by as much as 20 points Edit - now I’m reading “as much as 25 points”, implying that many of them were off by fewer than 20 points 25 points.

So it’s most likely only folks who were right on the cusp of the accept/deny bubble (or on the cusp of a lower/higher rate bubble) who would have been harmed by the incorrect reporting.

Not trying to minimize the harm done by this screwup, just thinking through why if millions were misreported, it took several months to get noticed.

2 Likes

Exactly. If they could only avoid the prohibited topics (and when they can’t at least know what they are talking about). When will they ever learn?

2 Likes