What just doesn't taste the same anymore - foods from childhood

Yes, they were oreida. And I used to love the cans of Chef boyardee ravioli too! Ate it right out of the can at room temp!

1 Like

Too funny, don’t feel so alone now.

Sorry the tater tots aren’t working out for you. The restos probably deep fry them & that’s why they’re so good. (But also sooo bad)!

1 Like

OMG!!! COLD???

Add images here

ONLY WHEN WE WERE HIGH!

All I can say is Lo(effin)L!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Will add that it’s great sport to go convenience store/grocery shopping in the late evenings, especially after the bars close; not that I do that anymore, in pj’s, exhausted by about 8 :cry:

1 Like

Kraft box macaroni and cheese. I remember it being gooier, and having a stronger cheese taste. It seems thinner now, and more buttermilk tartness.

I do believe the box instructions used to call for twice as much butter, but I have tried it both ways, and it just no longer satisfies me as it did when I was a child.

1 Like

When I was growing up, the trucks in my neighborhood sold drugs. The fact that it was like 10 PM when they came by should have been a clue.

1 Like

Pancakes , any boxed cereal . Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I still can’t stand them.

Captain Crunch! That might have been something I liked then but not now, but I remember liking Life cereal, and think I might still like it now.

“Hey, Mikey!”.

1 Like

So in context of this topic …“I guess the drugs today just doesn’t taste the same anymore” LOL!!!:grin::grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Captain Crunch has supposedly been used in a crunchy chicken coating - think it originated at The Hard Rock Cafe. I have the copy cat recipe if anyone is interested.

Think it is/was a pretty popular dish at those restos.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be great if there was an Ambien truck that cruised around your neighborhood, playing lullabies about 10 pm? :joy:

4 Likes

My S-I-L’s mom from Genoa used to make ethereal ravioli. We used to live 2 blocks from a movie house that showed kids films on Saturdays. All the extended family kids would come to our house to be picked up after a movie. One day my father was home alone when my niece came in. She said she was hungry. He scanned the cupboard. “Do you like ravioli?” “Yes.” He opens and heats a can of Chef Boyardi. She takes one tastes and advises, “Those aren’t ravioli.” Truth from a 7 year old.

4 Likes

Tab, YES!. They’ve never come up with a formula that competes much less duplicates the piquancy of Tab. All too sweet for me.

1 Like

LOL…I now have to go and pee!!!

Hint: Carl’s Jr. rolls out a fish sandwich about once a year and keeps it on the menu for maybe a month. It is good. GOOD. A little too big for me but since it’s around for such a short time, I manage. Good bun, lettuce, tomato, good sauce(s), rather huge slab of white fish. You might give it a go if you notice it available.

2 Likes

I’ll have to look for it; we have a Carl’s Jr in our rather small town.

Look during Lent, pretty much every fast food place has one then.

1 Like

Ok, once I realize Fat Tuesday has passed and I see charcoal cross marks on people’s foreheads I will cruise Carl Jr’s and Mickey D’s for them. BK has one that’s not too bad but I always feel disappointed after eating one!

• Meant to say ash marks on foreheads*

Please give us a heads up if you know when. I’ve been off “fast food” for awhile, but my personal exceptions are usually Micky D fish sandwiches.

Ohh, yes they may taste worse but the efficacy is probably better. Not that I would necessarily know…