What is the Most American Commercial Quick Meal?

Mountains Montana or plains Montana?

3 Likes

Western, edge of mountains, Beaverhead County

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s a big NO on the tomato soup versions. IIRC, Mom made it with a 15 oz can each of diced tomatoes and a can of sauce.

2 Likes

There is a Facebook meme that sums up what happens when I say I am from Montana but I can’t find it. It goes something like this:
Them: “Oh, the mountains! Wolves, pine trees, buffalo, Yellowstone Park! Glacier Park!”
Me: “Uh, no. I am from the other Montana. Flatter, sage brush, prairie, wheat fields, Missouri Breaks kind of Montana.”

And they will always be buffalo to me. Bison sounds foreign…

6 Likes

I’m more familiar with the flat Montana- Malta, Havre, Glasgow, Fort Peck.

I really liked Bozeman, but I’ve only visited once.

1 Like

My daughter is earning her master’s in g.i.s. mapping in Missoula.

3 Likes

My cousin’s wife is from Missoula, small world!

1 Like

A river runs through it .

5 Likes

:100:! :rofl:

3 Likes

The Johnny Marzetti sounds like something my mom made for me growing up, except it didn’t have cheese.

We called it “spaghetti” in our Chinese-American household.

3 Likes

PB&J sandwich.

6 Likes

I hate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches more than squash, which I detest.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I hate pb&j too. Twins! Too bad because it seems easy.

2 Likes

Holy cow . I can’t stand them also . So many in my school lunches. I love you mama. I have not had one since 1974 . Super extra gross.

1 Like

Interesting, I love both PB&J and squash, esp. kabocha squash.

In fact, roasted kabocha squash and PB makes for a great sandwich.

1 Like

Kabocha squash is the best squash!

1 Like

Have you ever tried stir-frying Kabocha squash?

It’s a surprising nice interplay of savory and sweet, with a touch of verdant undertone if you add a generous amount of fresh minced ginger and garlic.

2 Likes

Simmered in dashi is my favorite preparation. Also a fan of delicata squash.

3 Likes

I have not. I seem to recall reading that kabocha is a name for kuri squash with good marketing. I don’t want to spread false information, but what do you think? Anyone familiar with red kuri squash?

ETA; perhaps I read that there is more than one variety of squash called kabocha.

https://worldcrops.org/crops/kabocha

1 Like

https://www.johnnyseeds.com/growers-library/vegetables/winter-squash/eating-quality-in-winter-squashes.html?q=Kabocha

3 Likes