What have you been watching lately?

Thanks to Amazon Prime I’m now bouncing between Hawaii 5-0 (long way to go), Twelve O’Clock High (season 3 IN COLOR), Law and Order Los Angeles (I know it was a one-season flop but still pretty good), and Route 66!

Also going to watch the new Gary Gulman special on Max.

The Burial

wants to be Erin Brokovich, but only attains Blind Side vibes. still worked for me. a legal drama that wants to have more import than it does, with courtroom scenes that are beyond farcical. nonetheless, a few standout moments and very good performances. entertaining.

*Jamie Foxx if very good, but see Collateral for something truly stellar.

2 Likes

I started The Golden Hour, a Dutch crime show on Netflix ( Het Gouden Uur) https://g.co/kgs/Q2s3JN

We also watched Gracepoint. We had enjoyed Broadchurch so much more.

1 Like

Bank of Dave on Netflix. A true-ish, feel-good film about a businessman in a neglected community who prevails over the system.

(As a bonus, actors Joel Fry and Rory Kinnear are also in the offbeat sitcom Our Flag Means Death.)

1 Like

Halfway through the new season of Fargo, which we recorded over the last few weeks so we could binge it. Fantastic (better than the 4th season), and Juno Temple is amazing - although the entire cast is pretty great.

2 Likes

Pancakes!

2 Likes

New thread for the new year:

2 Likes

Since a new thread has been started, we’re going to lock this now.

1 Like