What have you been watching lately?

Carry on and hold on for the ride! Four more seasons to go.

1 Like

I trust you mean the remake. I’m watching episode 1. Hey! That’s John Lithgow!

Wow; this is a different Perry.

1 Like

I watched the first 2 episodes of the new Frasier last night. It felt like old times. I haven’t watched any sitcoms in ages.

2 Likes

Yes, the remake.

The Mortuary Collection is a fun ‘scary’ flick with Clancy Brown. Deadbirds is a horror flick with Henry Thomas of E.T fame, and is set during the Civil War. Both were entertaining.

1 Like

Third of a way-ish into season two!

Random thoughts: yes, Daniels, go to a law firm!!!
The crab eating scene made me crave crabs.
And that shipper guy who I think later plays the psychopathic villain in Law and Order SVU that ties up Benson - hard for me to completely separate the two characters.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Continuing to catch up on movies I have missed. Just watched Farewell My Lovely from 1975 starring Robert Mitchum as Phillip Marlowe. Very good!

Next up is another Chandler adaptation – The Long Goodbye from 1973 starring Elliot Gould as Marlowe.

Pro tip: Tubi has some great flicks!

3 Likes

So last night i watched the Holiday. Tonight was 27 dresses . I like my romantic comedy dramas .

1 Like

The very good The Killer with the even better Michael Fassbender, directed by David Fincher.

Favorite line in the movie: “New Orleans. 1,000 restaurants, one menu.”

4 Likes

We watched part of an episode of PBS’ ‘The Great American Recipe’ show. What crap. Totally scripted nonsense. The contestants did show some good recipes, though. PBS’ content bar has dropped a few notches. We won’t be following this show or the re-runs.

2 Likes

I watched that series after watching “The Great British Menu”. I enjoy that one, and “My Kitchen Rules”. Great American Recipe is not in the same league.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it’s good - might take a break from “The Wire” to watch it, :sunglasses::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

1 Like

Just watched a very entertaining WW2 actioner, Bridge At Remagen from 1969. I think it sort of got lost in the flood of big budget WW2 pics from that era, but the action is good and the cast is solid, headed by George Segal, Ben Gazzara, Robert Vaughn, ably supported by EG Marshall, Bradford Dillman, Hans Christian Blech, a baby faced Bo Hopkins, and the usual cast of thousands you expect in a David L Wolper extravaganza. Generally based on the US capture of the Ludendorff Bridge in 1945, one of those important WW2 events slowly falling down the memory hole. Definitely worth a watch!

1 Like

Loved the new PerryMason. Sadly it was cancelled so only two seasons. Matthew Rhys does a great job and I love the old LA setting.

2 Likes

First season was better.

1 Like

Yes! How about that funicular?

I took a ride on Angels Flight on my last visit to LA. Quickest tourist attraction you’ll ever find! Big funicular fan here.

1 Like

Angels flight is a popular place to film. It just popped up in the newest season of Bosch Legacy. I grew up about 20 minutes from downtown and probably rode on it when I was a kid.

1 Like

Interesting! I lived in West LA and Westwood for awhile, and was finding it hard to imagine. This one ( taken from the internet) is fairly recent, and seems to fit right in to an LA vibe.

I grew up accross the street from the LIRR in Queens, with the whole house shaking several times a day. When I experienced my first earthquake in LA, I assumed it was a train.

3 Likes