What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

Back in my graduate school… I used to say that I 100% support all big game hunting if they can bare hand kill the lion or the elephant. Ok… stone and rock are allowed too.

1 Like

I would agree with that. The ones that pose with their “trophies”… - what did they actually do or accomplish. They aren’t smarter, they aren’t stronger, they aren’t more athletic. They have a killing machine. That’s it.

1 Like

Sooooooo… back to Fast Food Chains [We] Love…

I love Qdoba!! I’ve always found their food to be tastier than Chipotle’s, and the 3-Cheese Queso sauce? Yum!

Unfortunately they just seem to struggle with getting a foot into the California market, so I’m not able to enjoy them as easily as I used to be able to. I’m sure the pandemic didn’t help, but I do love their food!

2 Likes

I have seen Qdoba many times, but I cannot be sure if I have had it.

Okay, they hurt their workers by cutting hours. That makes JJ’s one of the ~ 44,000 large employers (out of some 300K large employers US-wide) and over 3 million small firms[1] who said they planned to reduce part time hours to sub-30/week to avoid ACA costs.

Not to mention thousands of school systems (whether university/college or K-12) who thought they couldn’t handle the ACA costs so they cut adjunct professor hours to keep them under 30 hpw, capped work hours for students on work-study programs, capped administrator and other staff hours as well. Many hospital systems similarly capped hours.

How many of those who said they planned to cut hours actually did so? There doesn’t seem to be much follow up in the news on that. But I’d be surprised if some of them who planned to originally didn’t have a change of heart after public and media outrage about it got going.

[1] Napkin-back calculation based on survey mentioned in The Guardian and Firmographics data on employers counts by size.

We’ve got a plentiful supply around here for both chains. I would go sometimes for work if that’s what someone in the party wanted, but honestly although I thought both were good, I couldn’t really tell them apart.

Comedian Jake Johannsen said the only sporting way was for the “sportsman” to be equipped with a straw broom. Sneak up on the sleeping animal and whip it into shape.

You seem to really want to argue about this. I don’t.

1 Like

Fair enough!

What about a sword fighting dog?
This Dog Is REALLY Obsessed With Sword Fighting With Her Humans | The Dodo - YouTube

1 Like

Can we please get back to and stay on the topic?

1 Like

I went to Popeyes to get a fish sandwich, and it turned out that yesterday was the last day they had them. The chicken sandwich I got instead was fine.

3 Likes

At about :50

1 Like

DQ is offering $0.85 from April 10-23 if anyone cares to download their app.

5 Likes

DQ is my favorite chain that I don’t get to anymore. :sob: I discovered that the closest one is a “Treat” one. Bah. There’s another one w/ food too reasonably close but still out of the way. A DQ burger is comparable to Wendy’s and the fries are much better. :yum:

3 Likes

Ours had fried chicken in the 80s. As I recall, it was not bad. Enjoyed the burgers a lot. Loved the Mr. Mistys!

Ya know, I was going to reply that maybe I should try the DQ burger. Then I realized I’ve never had a Wendy’s burger either–never got past the spicy chicken sandwich (I do like Wendy’s fries though).

Even though businesses offer up these cheapies and freebies with no purchase necessary, I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. Although I guess a lot of people do.

1 Like

Yeah, they count on you buying a burger and fries while you’re there. Not sure what they expect you only at the many “treats only” locations.

1 Like

Since we’re on the subject of DQ. The Dude use to be like an actual cheap chicken fried steak. Now it’s nothing but a cheap soybean burger.

1 Like

What do you like about DQ?