What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

I think that this small Canadian chain decided to put their secret sauce that goes on their American -style burgers on their chicken.

What I didn’t know until yesterday, was that their secret sauce seems to be a squirt of mayo and a squirt of mustard.

I think when I’ve ordered their burgers I’ve ordered them with pickles, without secret sauce.

There’s also the possibility that the cook accidentally put mustard on my sandwich and it isn’t part of the standard order. Not spending another $9 Cdn to find out lol.

It’s awful.

It tasted so bad I worried my taste buds were off due to Covid, and I tested myself last night. Which showed a negative result. Coffee was still tasting like coffee, I could still smell fabric softener, and my dinner tasted normal, so it was just a bad-tasting chicken sandwich.

2 Likes

So many chicken posts above, that I recollected 2 more local chains I used to love. We ate there in SoCAL, circa 1990s. Zankou chicken (still around), which is most famous for their famous garlic sauce. Although most items at this Mediterranean chain are scrumptious. And second, does anyone remember Koo Koo Roo (kaput now)? They had deliciously marinated and broiled chicken pieces, and then lots of sides to choose from. It’s one of the few times I had bone-in chicken where the marinade flavor penetrated the top 1/2 inch of meat.

2 Likes

I think KooKooRoo was named checked in “I Love You Man.” (underrated movie)

Guess it’s been a while since I’ve been to Qdoba. Apparently, they’ve discontinued the tortilla soup or only have it for a limited time at certain times of the year.

I think it was still listed on the menu the last time I was at Qdoba. I remember ordering it and being told they didn’t have it. I just assumed they had run out and ordered something else.

1 Like

I had my first McD’s QP with cheese in 2.5 years today, first visit to McD’s for food since Feb 28,2020, and it hit the spot. Eaten while I was taking my truck through the car wash.

5 Likes

OMG - this is too funny! Don’t go to McD’s too often and couldn’t think what a QP was?? I’d typed my question before it hit me! I actually was asking you if it was Quebec poutine, lol :joy_cat: Silly me. So, deleted that but am outing myself now.

6 Likes

If our Mickey D’s had poutine I’d be there every day :wink:

7 Likes

Ha! I thought it was the best thing ever until I had some on a local island that was too greasy, too salty, and just ugh! Overload for me, and didn’t feel well after, kinda got over it. But lest I give you the wrong idea, I could eat a different poutine if hungover, especially, not that it happens hardly ever, but it could.

3 Likes

I do not suggest poutine at lunch time on a road trip before crossing Montreal during rush hour. Haha. It causes a food coma, making it almost impossible for a driver to keep their eyes open, let alone, on the road. My cousin’s husband had to take the wheel.

I eat poutine maybe once every 18 months, one poutine shared with 2 or 3 friends. After skiing , or at night, when I don’t have to do anything after I eat the poutine.

Now, breakfast poutine: fries topped with a fried egg, maybe some lobster, drizzled with Hollandaise, I’m down with that. :smiley:

10 Likes

I can totally see that lol!

2 Likes

Our KFC has poutine on the menu. I think maybe A& W, as well. I think Burger King had it at some point.
I don’t really order fast food fries. Usually just a cheeseburger and a drink.

2 Likes

Some MCD stores once offered garlic fries. Very very delicious, but apparently not fast enough for the quick serve business model.

2 Likes

In SOCAL, the crazy chicken, El Pollo Loco, has healthy and delicious truly grilled chicken.

I only get embarrassed going there when they hire a clown–to emphasize the crazy part–who waves people in.

Ray

4 Likes

Hate to admit it, but I really like the DOUBLE WESTERN BACON CHEESEBURGER from Carl’s Jr.

6 Likes

What… Are those onion rings and bacon? Just asking for a friend.
Carl’s Jr., hmmm…
There is one near me.

2 Likes

I thought there was a Carl’s nearby, but they all look like they are closed. Just a few left in Canada.
The horror.

You guys reminded me of one of my favorite fast food treats. Onion rings from fatburger.

5 Likes

You can get that same burger at Hardees, not sure that’s helpful or closer. Looks like Harvey’s f’d that up for you.

https://www.hardees.com/menu/charbroiled-burgers/western-bacon-cheeseburger

1 Like

Del Taco.Especially when I’m a little short on cash(it happens)

4 Likes

Love is a strong emotion for FF… but if i’m hard-pressed to choose one, it would have to be Shake Shack and Popeye’s. Wingsover is pretty damn good in our town, too.

1 Like