What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

I so wish they would sell this amazing stuff in the US. When I go to Bonaire in the Caribbean, I always stuff a six pack or more of cans into my luggage.

I actually did find this in the US, either at Cost Plus World Market or Total Wine and Spirits. I don’t know if you’re in an area with a Cost Plus. And I got a full-sized bottle, not cans.

From Death & Company - Wicked Kiss.
Rye, apple jack, yellow chartreuse, Benedictine, angostura.

5 Likes

Not sure about the Cost Plus World Market, but we have Total Wine & Spirits. Thanks, will check out!

L’Amour en Fuite, from the Canon book. Absinthe, gin, Lillet blanc, St Germain, lemon twist.

5 Likes

What is not to love, both visually and taste wise in that cocktail? Much opa to you! @aussieshepsx2

1 Like

Looks great! What’s the recipe/proportions?

1 Like

Mix 1/4 ounce absinthe, 1/4 ounce St. Germaine, 3/4 ounce lillet, 1.5 ounces gin. You can either rinse the glass with the absinthe or leave it- we leave it since we like the flavor.

3 Likes

I made a bourbon soda to which I added a splash of mixed sherry and strawberry lemonade. It was actually really good.

5 Likes

Whisky highball - fill a highball glass with ice and add 1.5oz Japanese whisky (I used Toki), or bourbon/rye/scotch/etc. Stir 13 times or so. Top off with soda water and garnish with an expressed lemon twist.

2 Likes

Oh I am totally keeping the absinthe!

2 Likes

Head nod acknowledgement to @Mr_Happy for the highball suggestion. Ours made with Ezra Brooks Bourbon. Refreshing on an 88 degree afternoon.

3 Likes

Whiskey sour.

3 Likes

The Big Texan. Bourbon, grapefruit juice, simple syrup, cherry garnish. Really nice.

4 Likes

An adult malted milk. Looks delicious

1 Like

A Studebaker (from Canon). Bourbon, lillet blanc lingonberry syrup, peach bitters. We really enjoyed this.

5 Likes

Amaretto sour.

4 Likes

I love sours, but DH is not a fan. Care to share your superb egg/froth technique? I may have to give it a try on my own as I won’t convince DH of the merit of egg in a cocktail.

Sure, for this one I used a drink mixer to froth up all of the ingredients before shaking in a cocktail shaker with ice to dilute.

I have this mixer https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Classic-Drink-Master-Model-730C/14320933 and I use it for certain cocktails and also the occasional protein shake. Note that for small volumes like single cocktails its best to manually hold the tin up a little so that the mixer part is fully submerged - I learned this the hard way once when it sprayed all over the place.

2 Likes

A good old Manhattan: Old Forester rye, Cinzano, and Regan’s orange bitters.

4 Likes