What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

Pimm’s Cup, for our virtual work happy hour. Yeah, I know it’s not quite that time of year, but I didn’t feel like beer and I had all the ingredients.

2 Likes

coffee five minutea ago:)

Last night’s cocktail was a frothy concoction my wife designed, consisting of dark rum, homemade banana compote, fresh pineapple, grenadine, lime juice, and orange bitters. There was enough to fit in 2 pint glasses, so I only had half and the other half is chilling in the fridge for after work today.

3 Likes

Sounds delicious

Keeping it simple. Weller Full Proof in the glass tonight

5 Likes

Jealous.

The FP is really the best current Weller I’ve had. The small bump in proof really brings it in flavor

1 Like

This thread is such a fun read.

With the return to DST, I switched over from Dry Gin Martinis to Bourbon with a spritz of club soda. Drinking Evan Williams because of its price per fifth. If I could afford Elijah Craig as an everyday drinker, I’d forego the club soda… :smirk:

1 Like

I’m just the opposite, I switch from Evan Williams to Beefeater.

1 Like

Manhattan

4 Likes

Last night I had Four Roses small batch. We noticed recently that the yellow label is not as good as it used to be. Quite lacking barrel flavor. Small batch is remarkably richer and more flavorful.

5 Likes

Can’t help but note, this thread is getting more traction than usual! I’ll let you guess my cocktail du jour…:cocktail::monkey:

2 Likes

DH made us sazeracs, at 3:30. It was 5 somewhere and this was a super shitty week, don’t judge. :tumbler_glass:

5 Likes

A late night/early morning Last Word.
0.75oz each of gin (I used Tanqueray 10), Luxardo Maraschino liqueur, green Chartreuse, and lime juice.

5 Likes

Beautiful.

And, ample too.

1 Like

Last night I had the last dregs of Lillet Blanc and soda. Nice light, summery cocktail - need to get another bottle.

1 Like

Now on my third fifth in to my summer conversion from dry Gin Martinis to Bourbon. Found this gem squeezed out for space among the elite bourbons. Paid $13.99 for the fifth I bought. Going back tomorrow to buy whatever they have left in stock. Pleasant sip. No burn.

https://thewhiskeyjug.com/bourbon-whiskey/mcafees-benchmark-old-no-8-bourbon-review/

2 Likes

Old fashioned with homegrown black raspberry syrup and rhubarb bitters. Old Fashioned Isolation, if you will.

4 Likes

Cosmo, after Ina Garten.

5 Likes

Costco came through bigtime on our on isolation booze replenishment… there will be old fashioneds and dark sand stormies and the like coming soon…

Now if only I could stop procrastating on making some shrubs to make it all more interesting.

2 Likes

Looks very light in the glass.

2 Likes