What Chefs do you enjoy watching on the internet or TV ?

I am putting a off thread to another topic about . " When chefs get in the way of the cooking show ." Thank you Erica for a great topic . I have a couple I won’t mention , about my faves ; my list consists of no order .
Andreas Viestad ( New Scandinavian Cooking ) love the scenery and the outdoor cooking
Jacques Pepin . Nough said
Julia Child . Same as above
Keith Floyd . ( R.I P. ) Love this guy
Any faves for you .
Thanks

1 Like

My absolute favorite is Chef and Francis on Cooking With Dog.

2 Likes

Great name . I will have to check that one out .

I love Andreas Viestad on New Scandinavian Cooking. It’s fascinating when he’s using ingredients foraged just a few feet away from where he’s cooking. I also enjoy Frankie Cooks. He’s a young guy who seems to have some serious skills. The episode with his critical mom is absolutely cringe-worthy.

3 Likes

Rick Stein.

We’ve eaten at his restaurant years ago. His TV persona makes him seem a really nice guy - the sort you’d happily invite round for dinner knowing he wouldnt be to obviously critical of your food.

1 Like

I enjoy Nigella along with her titillating approach to food…

1 Like

Jamie Oliver, The Naked Chef.

I liked that he was flexible, he was willing to bend on ingredients, cookware and technique. His food always looked do-able and looked great.

Sadly, he doesn’t seem to do American TV anymore. Catch him on youtube now.

1 Like

Greg Easter, “Cooking in Russia” on YouTube

1 Like

Cooking with Dog is pretty much the only one I can stand, that and Maangchi. I watch cooking videos for education (as opposed to entertainment), and most cooking videos have a terrible signal to noise ratio. RIP, Francis.

1 Like

Keith Floyd.

I also like Rick Stein and Judy Joo (“Korean food made simple” series). I sometimes notice certain unintentional sultry hot looks she throws in the viewer’s general direction. I’m sure it’s just me though.

2 Likes

I must seek out her shows. Sultry hot looks AND Korean food. Such things speak to me.

I’ve had it with Nigella’s pouting and boob jiggling presentations.

1 Like

Two of my favorites! Also, Omar Allibhoy.
My favorite Frankie episode is the Rockaways/ Tortilla Espanola episode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11hlLDTg9SI

1 Like

I’ll have to check out Omar. The Rockaways one was definitely unique. Now I want a tortilla Espanola.

1 Like

I’m going to call myself out as a liar, here, and admit that I very much enjoy My Drunk Kitchen. Which will teach you nothing. And is amusing.

3 Likes

there are some other tv/internet chefs that I like, and then there’s Maangchi. I never get tired of Maanchi. She’s a relentless pleasure to watch.