What Are Your 3 Favorite Desserts?

Cheesecake
Freshly baked cookies(preferably still slightly warm and gooey)
Grandma’s pudding cake(yellow/white cake mix with instant chocolate pudding and topped with chocolate chips and walnuts )

4 Likes

Authentic English Trifle using fresh cream, English custard, real strawberries and infused with Sherry

French Tarte Normande…Sweet shortbread crust, creamy custard, diced Apple, topped with toasted Almonds

Wild Blueberry Clafoutis

2 Likes

Most definitely cold fresh summer fruit. Top 1 no question. Watermelon, cherries, nectarine/peach/pluot, straw/rasp/blue berries. Nothing better as far as I’m concerned.

I also adore European style flaky i.e. laminated pastries, but people tend to think of those more as breakfast than dessert? But give me a croissant, danish, kouign amman that is well prepared, anytime. My long since passed grandpa used to make incredible napoleans and Kiev cakes with flaky pastry layers (by hand) and pastry creams. I miss those and have no idea how to recreate. Or probably the patience to do it.

I am less drawn to American style frosted cakes, quick breads and cookies. Sometimes they tempt, often not.

Peach cobbler

4 Likes

1.) Chocolate Eclair
2.) German Chocolate Cake
3.) Pineapple Upside Down Cake

#3 is the only one I have made at home.

2 Likes

Hard to choose just three, but they are (made by me):

1. Fig cake. This is my favorite cake, bar none. I made this one as a birthday gift for a nurse who was looking after me. When told it was for her, she got so excited she accidentally stuck her finger into it.

2. Chocolate chestnut cake. My wife’s favorite.

1. Chocolate gianduja soufflé.
8 Likes

Beautiful display and presentation. I think my blood sugar just started spiking just looking at those!

My favourites change .
Right now, I would say Victoria Sponge with strawberries, loukamades and chocolate mousse.

Thanks!