What are you listening to?

Try Satie’s Gnossienne#1! It is haunting. My favorite Satie piece.

3 Likes
1 Like

What a talent! RIP TT.

4 Likes

It is mostly Sondheim and right now I am obsessed with this version of Merrily. We have tickets for the Broadway run in October. The amazing connection is that this production of Maria Freedman’s production from London, and the one on the recording stars her! She sang Mary.

As a bonus, Jay Records is one of the great sources for show music and their recording/engineering is absolutely brilliant. Their releases of Merrily and of A Little Night Music are not just great documents of Sondheim’s work, but also two of the best CDs I own in sonic quality. Jay Records is constantly recording, remastering and remixing classic shows. Their Anyone Can Whistle is another brilliant document. And they remastered the English National Opera’s Pacific Overtures which is a massively good production.

Merrily We Roll Along

Pacific Overtures

A Little Night Music

Anyone Can Whistle

2 Likes

Are we not men?

from the comments:

00:21 Secret Agent Man
3:26 Blockhead
6:38 Uncontrollable Urge
9:40 Mongoloid
12:48 Devo Corporate Anthem

4 Likes
1 Like

The Bob Show 8pm to midnight, MTPR.

Gerry Casale used to hang out at the wine/spirits store I used to work for. He is really funny and a gentle soul.

Love it. Saw them last year in NYC. Not the same as the early '80s tours but fun nonetheless.
Will always remember that night last year mostly because of what else happened.
I had dropped my GF off at JFK for a flight. Fighting traffic to get to Pier 17? in NYC and was almost there when I got a text from GF saying flight was canceled.
My brother had flown in from CO and was going to show with a few other friends of close to 50 years.
I had to choose between going back to get her and possibly missing some of the show, or go to the show and get her afterwards. She still reminds of my decision.

3 Likes

Farewell Ed.:frowning:

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

THE BITCH IS BACK - Elton John 1974, sorry no link!

Really?

1 Like

Yep, really! Thanks!

1 Like

Jeff Buckley, died much too soon on 29 May 1997. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

His version of “Hallelujah” is the only one I appreciate, although that song’s been ruined like so many that have been played into the ground.

2 Likes