What are you baking for Thanksgiving?

Still didn’t get to these brownies on account of holiday oven space was at a premium. Soon though.

1 Like

Christmassy snickerdoodles made with my niece

4 Likes

I made pumpking bread. Instead of making one big loaf, I put it into three smaller tins. I took one to our Thanksgiving meal and gave away the other two. It’s the Smitten Kitchen recipe. I like it because it’s not oily like some pumpkin breads can be. It also rises like crazy! You put a cinnamon and sugar mixture on the top, and it’s terrific. You do have to be careful it’s cooked enough, however.

Then I make a pecan pie. The filling tasted great, but once again I messed up the crust. I used Pillsbury, and I forgot to re-chill it once I had it in the pan. I blind baked it, because I hate a soggy crust. It shrank, and I had holes in it. I attempted to cover over the holes with extra crust before I baked it, but it seeped through and stuck to the pan (despite it being loose in the pan before I baked the filling.) But it tasted good, so it will be more adventures in crust making next time.

5 Likes

Everything looks great. Im my harshest critic when I bake. Everyone else compliments and encourages. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, I agree about being the harshest critic. In the end, they tasted good! Congratulations to all of us for making great baked goods for our loved ones!

2 Likes