What are the best Italian restaurants in Southern Westchester County?

What are the best Italian restaurants in Southern Westchester County? As far North as White Plains and even more so to the South. Especially Yonkers, Tuckahoe, Eastchester, Bronxville, Scarsdale, Hartsdale. Less so to the Sound or River, but ok if they are excellent.

I haven’t been in years, but I enjoyed Mamma Assunta in Tuckahoe a few times.

I don’t like either of the Polpettina locations.

Burrata is good, but a limited menu. Their pasta is really good, but I dislike their pizza.

I liked Gina Maries way back when they first opened in Fleetwood. I extremely disliked their Tuckahoe location. Horrible food and disgusting cocktails. Not sure about their new Fleetwood location.

I haven’t been in years but I used to really like Valentinos in Yonkers, but they closed awhile ago.

I’m more familiar with Northern Westchester, but we had an excellent meal at Il Sorriso in Irvington. Everything was excellent.

We shared a pizza and it was first rate. Good charred, chewy but thin crust -They have a wood burning pizza oven. It was not Fortina but it was nice. Our friends had a veal scallopine that was a special - but I don’t remember what it had except mozz. and our other friend had Branzino. Everyone enjoyed it. And the expresso’s were first rate!

We had a good meal at the Fortina in Yonkers, but to be quite honest I think that’s the only Italian restaurant we’ve tried in the two years we’ve lived here. I love Italian food but prefer to cook it myself. A&V Pizzeria in Yonkers also has a full entree menu and dining room and the food gets decent reviews, but we have only ever ordered pizza from them (decent but not spectacular), so I can’t comment on the rest of their menu.

In Yonkers I love Carlos on Tuckahoe and Reno’s on Lockwood. Nice red sauce places. Upscale Italian, Rosie’s in Bonxville never fails to please.

1 Like

We have a huge difference in what we consider good. I find Carlos and Rosies to be less than mediocre.