Westchester/Greenwich Chinese Food

Please know if you go the kitchen is not consistent
as in hugely inconsistent. We have had both very good
and very bad food at Imperial Wok

thanks, we’ve been there and have seen some of that. my sense is they just have one chef that can cook szechuan and if he/she is not there, the food is going to be off.

1 Like

be still my heart

Another vote for the mapo tofu at Fantasy Cuisine. We like their food a lot.

ok…
WCG, quietdesperation, discounteggroll…
I haven’t dumped the photos in my phone
in ages … I found pics of both the roll ups and beef negimaki
from two separate visits to Imperial Wok for side by side comparison
Bento box w/ beef negimaki upper right compartment

beef rolled in scallion pancake

1 Like

Forgot about kam Sen In white plains for roast meat take out. Roast pork, scallion chicken, roast pig and duck are our favorites. The other prepared food while authentic isn’t great. If you buy the roast pork, best to slice at home and heat in oven.

1 Like

Besides the bbq/roast meats, the vegetable dishes are great at Kam Sen. The eggplant, the bok choy, the green beans with garlic, the ?soy beans? (green colored beans), and other purely vegetable dishes. Their low mein noodles, fried rice, and half of the mixed dishes can be downright boring.

Sheesh, chowdom, that beef rolled in scallion pancake looks good.

Reminds me of the pork belly in steamed bun I had at my last :sob: dinner at Sichuan Pavilion. It was heavenly.

I really want to recommend this place … but I am so concerned with
the inconsistency of the kitchen … well even bad these are pretty good

chowdom, with the dearth of outstanding Chinese places in Lower Westchester - I’m not as enamored of Aberdeen as some others are - I like Imperial Wok.

We like Asian Wave too.

And they both always amuse with their quizzing of my request for a Wodka Gimlet. I usually have to explain what goes into a vodka gimlet.

We revisited David Chen in Armonk recently, and while it was good to see the owner again - I used to be there ALL the time in the 1980s, from work - the food was only okay. The best part, after having asked for a vodka gimlet, and being asked what kind of vodka I wanted in my vodka gimlet, and them having found the type of vodka I wanted in my vodka gimlet, I ended up with… wait for it…

a Gibson Martini. I kid you not. I was with relatives, and had to behave. But hey, at least the parking is free.:grin:

lol

But - they have parking!!!

Yes! :grinning:

1 Like

I once was at a fancy restaurant in Florida around 20 years ago and ordered a Gibson, extra onions and onion juice. They brought me a Gimlet with extra onions and juice. Blech!

Interesting. I wonder at what point some servers stop listening?

In that case I mentioned I actually went to the bar and told the bartender exactly what I wanted.

Amazing how Chinese food can be so entertaining.