Wellfleet MA-2022

I’m so sorry about your friend’s diagnosis - your sadness is so apparent through your words, and I’m wishing you all the best -

5 Likes

Digga, you can hop a ride any time. Sounds like we dodged a bad meal skipping Moby Dick’s.
Thanks for the intel. The Yardarm was always a solid spot but we haven’t been in a long time.

I am sorry to hear of your friend’s diagnosis, that is a very sad and difficult situation.
And so upsetting, wishing you well while you process it,

5 Likes

So sorry about your friend’s diagnosis! I’m glad you found a small measure of comfort here and there.

3 Likes

Ugh, Cook’s? No. Sorry. A thousand times no.Sounds like you’re getting some good spots in otherwise though (except for the bizarre cheese on scallops thingy).

1 Like

The cheese scallop concoction was not us. It would not be a consideration at all.
I will stand by Cooks for well priced well presented easy peasy lunch food that was tasty and fresh.
My biggest complaint would be all the paper products for dine in visitors. A terrible waste

4 Likes

So sorry as well to hear of your friend’s ALS diagnosis. I have lost 2 people I cared about to that disease. It’s so difficult. I’m a Stage 3 breast cancer survivor, but at least I had a chance. We live in Eastham. If you ever need recommendations I’d be happy to tell you our favorite places.

2 Likes

My husband’s favorite is is a Nantucket Scallop Sandwich at The impudent Oyster in Chatham. It has “Lightly fried sea scallops, hickory smoked bacon and Monterey Jack cheese baked in a baguette with house made tartar sauce”. Yuk. I like my seafood simple - I can never order a lobster salad roll there - they mix onions into it. Who ever thought that was a good idea??

4 Likes

Onions in a lobster roll? No way. That’s like eating clam strips. :unamused: Should not be legal.

3 Likes

Give me full belly steamers not fried - I like them better than lobster.

1 Like

Oh, much sympathy for your friend’s diagnosis…that’s so hard. I echo Sally’s thoughts.

Seeing spring onion in action/hearing about seeing seals reaffirms the beauty of life. I hope you find moments of solace.

Those scallops with bacon and cheese…not for me, either.

Is your friends’ rental place on airbnb? Sounds amazing.

2 Likes

It is. I will send you a DM with the listing.

1 Like

Would you send along to me as well? We are thinking of trying another area next year.
Thank you

1 Like

Done. Would it be gauche to ask my friends for a finder’s fee? :grin:

1 Like

No…my opinion!

1 Like

Agreed…a finder’s fee would be fitting.

1 Like

Hope y’all know I am joking! :wink:

My friends would love renting to people they can trust to take good care of their lovely house.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure your friend will also read it but Relyvrio was approved today (and there are a number of different clinical trials going around different ALS agents including GT. Obviously a single drug won’t most likely make a dramatic effect unfortunately on a complex disease as ALS but there is a lot of research ongoing in the industry

1 Like

@honkman Thanks for the info. And yep, I’m sure our friend knows about Relyvrio (just rolls off the tongue, doesn’t it?). Sadly, he’s a renowned physician at MGH, which makes the situation even more painful in some way - he knows too much about what is about to befall him.

4 Likes

So sorry about your friend, digga. Some people get dealt a rotten hand.

1 Like