Welcome, and please help spread the word!

Yay! Glad to see familiar names here… hopefully this becomes the amazing resource that the old site used to be before the unnecessary cosmetic surgery.

4 Likes

Thanks sooooo much for your knowledge to set this site up and your time and effort to do so. In some respects this is more of a “Community” than CH ever was.

3 Likes

YEA!! so glad to find this site. I’ll be a regular!

3 Likes

Thanks so much for starting this site. I am already enjoying it so much - much better than CH. I amt trying to figure out how to get some of those people over here, but I don’t know how to reach them and can’t post this link there - mods will just remove it.

1 Like

Maybe if we write a very nice article about a restaurant or a cookware or something. Then, people can link it to Chowhound, much like I put a link to Chad Ward knife sharpening article from eGullet. By the way, it is a nice article which I did put it on Chowhound at least 3 different times.

1 Like

Good idea!

Mods will remove it & suspend you!

Cool. I like it.

1 Like

I am so happy to be here all my cohorts…please let me have it as you are always so gracious …

3 Likes

Glad your aboard Fred.

2 Likes

Hey, Dude.

1 Like

Happy to be here. CH is a mess. Totally unusable for this tech challenged boomer. I’m looking forward to getting help with cooking and baking questions as well as recipes and reading up on other food topics of interest. Thank you so much for your new site and best of luck!!

5 Likes

Welcome and enjoy your stay here! :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for inviting me to join this group. Good to see so many familiar names!

3 Likes

Right back atcha :wink: Looking forward to sharing with you too. Thanks for joining.

1 Like

Thanks for being here :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for this site and thank you to - can I mention a member’s name here? - a member for putting up a pointer on Chowhound. I hope it stays long enough for many to desert the old sinking ship.

Anyone know if there is a way to contact beaten and bowed Chowhounders? I thought there was a way to send a PM, but either there never was or that privilege has been rescinded.

I’m trying to get 51rich here, he would like it very much.

Thanks again, Hungry Onion.:grin:

2 Likes

This is HO - you can do a lot more here than on CH. You are very welcome and so glad you came over. I can’t believe what I said didn’t get deleted!!! To get others you can sometimes google their screen name and come up with it somewhere that you can actually reach them. I have a few I’d like to get to from our old board - DGresh, I eat a lot of ice cream, etc. I can’t even believe what I did today worked!!

1 Like

And I for one am very glad you did!:slightly_smiling:

It’s nice to see many of the ‘old’ group talking…phew…freely.

2 Likes

I was banned for life for trying to reach out to old friends on CH. Certain things really get old Marsey’s panties bunched up and that is one of them.