Wegmans to close Natick store

Ugh. Just got an email from Wegmans announcing that they will be closing the Natick store later this summer. Apparently it wasn’t getting the traffic/customers they needed.

I am SO sad about having to schlep to Westwood now (the next closest location) like I did before Natick opened - it makes the weekly shopping trip take so much longer. And the mall parking garage in the winter, or really any sort of inclement weather, was so convenient… sigh.

Please tell me it will all be okay?

1 Like

Wow, that sucks. I’m in Medford only a couple of miles from our Wegmans and it is my go-to store for most grocery shopping.

Isn’t the Wegmans in Chestnut Hill closer than Westwood? Depends on where you live I guess.

2 Likes

Ohhh no! That’s very surprising that Natick didn’t make it, even with two full-service restaurants. Although I have to say for myself, I avoid shopping malls now. (From pics on WCVB article when they were opening, it looks like they were an end-unit for the store - so parking would be easier there vs. if it was in the middle of the complex)

I don’t do weekly shopping at my Burlington Wegmans, but every 5 weeks, I do a FULL stock-up. And @Stiv , if I was a couple miles from Wegmans? You can be certain it would be my go-to grocery store - lucky you!

1 Like

Technically Chestnut Hill is probably closer, but I do not like that store. It’s just so crowded all the time, and because it’s smaller, they have fewer options. It’s not much different than our local Roche Bros.

2 Likes