Weekly Menu Planning – August 2022

That’s the one! At least it’s my inspiration, haha

1 Like

Haha - that was my other one, but I held back! I don’t like the texture of chunky zucchini when it gets squidgy, but it is common in some regions (for eg sambar in the south has chunks of vegetables including eggplant and squash).

Since I started eating zucchini a few years ago, I actually love the extra flavor it adds to dal - can’t tell what the extra oomph is unless you cooked it yourself! I usually grate and sauté down zucchini when I have too much and freeze it, so I can add it to dal and other things on demand.

1 Like

I didn’t mean it was you, I meant that we have all done that (and rightly so for mental health, I think) but when other people make the decision not to take precautions when they know they have symptoms, one can’t really control for that, and that is the wildcard at the moment.

Happened to me with a visiting friend recently - I ignored my instincts about her cough because she insisted it was reflux related. Of course, she and her husband both tested positive a day later - but tested only at my insistence, because I had been around a medically compromised person after meeting them. I had a business dinner a few days later, and even though I had tested negative twice by then, I informed my associates because they both have elderly parents living with them. They chose to delay the dinner by a few more days, which I totally understood.

Another friend was shameless enough to tell me me that her family and close friends (30 odd people) were pretty sure they were covid positive before her niece’s (300 person) wedding but they decided not to test or talk about it, because what were they going to do - cancel the wedding the day before? no way. They did test after everything was over, and 90% of the immediate circle were indeed positive. I don’t know whether I was more afraid or angered by how many older or immune compromised people they had put at risk without a second thought - when they could just have notified those people of the risk, and let them make their own decision to participate or not.

My parents are attending their first large family function since before the pandemic, and I’m just praying that no one there is as stupid and dangerous as my own friends seem to have become.

7 Likes

YES, it was. We both enjoyed it! And leftovers reheated very well next-day. Thanks again

1 Like

I wear a mask, too. I truly do not understand why so many people don’t do so. It is not arduous to wear the mask if one wears it correctly.

3 Likes