Weekly Dinner Planning - 12/2018 - The Holiday Madness Edition

I like to use my plan as a skeleton and rearrange, repurpose, and change things up to fit the mood. I definitely get the itch for novelty if I get too dogmatic about the list.

3 Likes

Now that’s a sophisticated 7yo palate!

1 Like

What is really special is we taught her at a very young age, that when at Grandparents
table we consider it a special family time, (and for us too). Thus she will try anything and then she talks about it. As a 7 year old , she then does not stop talking…but we love it!

5 Likes

Sight deviation to cooking tonight; had a great day…I wanted ceviche…going to a local Peruvian, which has ceviche, as well as Pollo Asado (roasted chicken)

1 Like

I’m going to season a Wok I gifted myself for Christmas, tomorrow. Then Sunday do a Rice Straw / White Shrimp / Mushroom Stir Fry. I am geeked!

4 Likes

The theme this week has been “Semper Gumby” as a lot of flexibility has been needed working around holidays, sickness, and fatigue.

Tonight - T-bones, asparagus, and blue cheese wedge salads. Intended as Christmas dinner, but life happens.

Friday - will grab a baguette to have with mussels in tomato sauce, with green salad with vinaigrette alongside. Spinach dip and bagel thins to start probably, with copious amounts of rosé.:joy:

Saturday - rosemary sous vide sirloin tip roast, creamed spinach, mashed potatoes

Sunday - Kung Pao chicken and cauli-rice pilaf

Monday - golden chickpea soup - this one keeps getting pushed to the delay list. More blue cheese wedges.

Tuesday - pork stew with peppers from the Abruzzo, ww gnocchi from the pantry

Wednesday - teriyaki salmon bowl with assorted pickles, veg, and kimchis

4 Likes

Wow, I can barely plan what’s the next meal. Hunger is very motivating