Weekend Eats [True West, Acton MA; Cape Ann Brewing, Gloucester MA; Cape Neddick Lobster Pound, ME]

Friday late lunch at True West in Acton. I had already eaten earlier, so I settled on tomato soup (was fine, nothing special) and the soft pretzel, which was much better the previous time I had ordered it. It was way more bread-like than pretzel-like this time. B loved his fried chicken sandwich. It was a fine time and our go-to pit stop in conjunction with the Discovery Museum.

Saturday lunch at Cape Ann Brewing Company in Gloucester was fun. We haven’t been since last summer and I think something has changed in the kitchen in a good way. There was a specials menu that featured interesting South American-tinged dishes, such as the Mayan veggie soup (which was delicious). My fried oyster plate was overflowing with big fat oysters. B’s fish tacos were under seasoned, but easily remedied by the salt and hot sauce that are all left out on the tables. Very friendly service.

Sunday’s lunch stop was at Cape Neddick Lobster Pound due to spring onion-related constraints. Passable lobster rolls. Friendly service and they seated us at a 6-top right at the window with the best view. Plus, we didn’t have to fight traffic or wait at all for a table (which might say something about the food generally speaking). Sometimes, ya gotta just go with the flow.

3 Likes