We Ranked 26 Classic American Sandwiches From Worst To Best - Tasting Table

This is one of the dumbest lists I’ve ever consumed, made much worse by the snide smartass commentary.
Enjoy!
:wink:

5 Likes

A real waste of time.

2 Likes

Given the top 4, I can only conclude this was written by the AI version of a 5 year old.

3 Likes

Sara Klimek, the author, is in grad school in Arkansas and vegan.
IMG_1360

4 Likes

Who is the “we” she’s talking about? It’s just her opinion of a bunch of sandwiches. I’ve written my share of dumb listicles, but this one is particularly useless.

5 Likes

Her bio doesn’t straight-up say she’s vegan. And she can’t be, if she’s reviewing all these meat sandwiches.

2 Likes

:rofl::facepunch:

I enjoyed the read. It was interesting to be reminded of just how many of those sandwiches are distinctly American and which I wouldnt generally find in the UK (or other European countries). I’m taken by just how many include cheese and how many are, to my mind, very overstuffed and unbalanced.

5 Likes

Maybe she didn’t actually taste them? It would explain a lot.

2 Likes

It’s like she never read the Is a Hot Dog a Sandwich thread on Chowhound. That should have been required reading for food writers.

The only ones I haven’t tried are Fluffernutter and Chopped Cheese.

I don’t think bagel and a shmear is a sandwich. It’s more closely related to toast.

8 Likes

The piece is just dumb filler to take up space on the website. I’m 100% sure she didn’t sit down and eat 20 sandwiches and then thoughtfully consider each one. You can see her pumping up her word count with phrases like “the Americans,” repeating “your local,” et al.

5 Likes

Guess I won’t be reading this hitting piece of food journalism. Thanks for saving me 2 min of my life time :pray:t2: :smiley:

4 Likes

Written with a distinct east coast bias.
Could have been on America’s Test Kitchen.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m torn: Do I read the trainwreck? Or do I skip it and save myself a few minutes?

5 Likes

If you saw a real trainwreck in the distance, would you carry on towards it so you could get a good look, or turn round and find another route?

4 Likes

Yeah, that was my question too. I can’t believe there is more than one person in the United States who would rate these sandwiches like the author. And yes I wasted my 2 minutes reading before I read everyone’s comments.

2 Likes

I always scroll through these lists to see how many sandwiches/ restaurants I’ve tried.

Like it’s 2009 and Facebook is still somewhat new. :rofl:

2 Likes

IRL, I would continue on my way, but look over my shoulder to see what little I could see, and wonder - sometimes for days - what I missed.

3 Likes

I’m a glutton for useless content so that’s why I’m guilty of posting it.
But she’s so clueless in a tik tok sorta way I found it enjoyable.

3 Likes

I read a few of her other articles. Her ranking of fries had hash browns in it, and the top spot was not even a fry. It was a tater tot. There were also articles about pork recipes and sausage recipes. Those were much better than the sandwich article. Still, odd that a vegan would be writing articles like those.

Mashed on youtube is my guilty pleasure for dubious food related content.

And here’s just something random I ran across.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/15/australia/worlds-heaviest-blueberry-scli-intl/index.html

4 Likes