Walmart never ceases to amaze me......

JR, assumption and rose-colored glasses is a bad combination.

That division has been closed down,.along with all the local jobs that my boss created.

Big chains are overwhelmingly a nasty business.

I am fortunate to live in an area that besides having a Walmart 20 minutes drive and Wallgreens and CVS’s some 24 hrs, on just about every corner i have two independent pharmacies within 5 minutes of my home…Both going strong…the pricing is not that different, besides I would gladly pay more for the customer service I receive, the speed in which an RX is filled and the great pharmacists. Maybe it is because I am old enough to remember when small business was vital…before it all went to shit…I refuse to support big business…same with chain restaurants.

1 Like

Sunshine, in all fairness I’m not trying to pick a fight with you, we can respectfully agree to disagree, that’s fine. You offered the story of your boss turning them down (Home Depot), I commended that.

My response above I clearly stated “In theory” I wasn’t making an assumption, I was drawing as reasonable conclusion as I could with the information you did or didn’t supply.

“Big chains are overwhelmingly a nasty business.”
I again agree COMPLETELY. This is my exact point, Big Chains, ALL OF THEM, not just Walmart. I’ve said it several times in this thread Apple, Nike etc. etc.

My ONLY POINT is I don’t understand why people overwhelming hate Walmart. They have just perfected the Big Chain model, they completely dominate it, but that’s how the industry works!! It’s not just Walmart. Unless someone can show me where Walmart in particular does things illegal I have a hard time hating them any more or less than any other Big Chain!!!

Look at that, after all this we do agree.
(All caps used for expression not yelling at you)

“Big chains are overwhelmingly a nasty business.”
That should be a new thread!

Btw have an awesome Memorial Day weekend! Lots of good eats and drinks!! :hotdog::hamburger::beers::wine_glass::cake::shaved_ice:

Not upset with you – just clarifying that no, it wasn’t as happy as you thought it was.

that same Fortune 100 laid off a few hundred of us (in our division as well as many others) – I was the only person at my level in our division, but because I was in Level X, I had to go. I had YEARS of favorable reviews in my file, but I was given the boot just like everyone else. Totally legal, and totally bullshit.

Some of the Wamart hate is misguided – but as greygarious said further up — legal and ethical are not the same thing, and I can intensely dislike something because it’s just not the right thing to do, even though it’s within the letter of the law.

Disney and Orange County property laws…Walmart and their employees…companies playing games with international taxes…

Just because it’s legal doesn’t mean it’s right – and exploiting loopholes left by hiring sleazebag attorneys to find ways to bend rules that no reasonably sane person would think of bending them is not a good way to run a company, no matter what it does for the bottom line.

4 Likes