[Wakefield, QC] & [Gatineau Park, QC]

Which restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops and other spots would you recommend?

Thanks for any ideas.

I had duck & fries from Zup’s, a small chain with a location in Wakefield and another in the Byward Market in Ottawa.

It’s a takeout stand with a dozen types of poutine. I had upgraded to duck legs on poutine, but when I got to my room, I found out the order lacked the cheese curds and gravy. So duck and fries it was, and my heart thanks me for that. Fuzzy photo, won’t bother posting it.

Stopped at Wakefield bakery for what they said was a butter tart. It wasn’t a butter tart, and it wasn’t sugar pie. It was just okay. I then ate the nut bar- which was very good. (I should have waited, didn’t feel too well after too much duck fat, fries, butter and carbs)

The nut bar, which was a shortbread layer topped with maple, nuts and sesame was more delicious.

https://www.wakefieldbakery.ca/

Enjoyed a cortado and breakfast sandwich (with house-made sausage!) at Bluebarn coffee in the morning.

The Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa is a wonderful place to stay. It seemed like a very good deal, in terms of luxury for $252 before taxes, when $252 doesn’t get you much luxury in most resort areas in Canada these days. I didn’t dine there because I wanted duck, and I don’t dine inside restaurants. It was raining, so I chose to get take-out, and eat in my room.

The Inn

Lots of other people were there for dinner.