Via Avanti Shrewsbury (Red Bank)

Has anyone checked this place out yet? In the old old San Remo spot near the newman springs train tracks on Shrewsbury/Red Bank border.

1 Like

no- it was mentioned on other thread- they have 0 web presence and canā€™t find anything about them. Would be interested to know ANYTHING about the spotā€¦

i dont know how you an open a business without a website or even facebook page these days.

2 Likes

agreed. From little I could see, on google reviews, which I count as nothing, seems like the Chefā€™s name is Mike and he had spot in Freehold and Bradley Beach. Thatā€™s all I could get. From the cpl pictures I saw it seems like kitchen at least cares about presentation- very different from Peterā€™s Crab house I hope.

The 5 Google reviews are hilarious, as youā€™d expectā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll try to keep an open mind to be ā€œnicerā€ in spirit of our Peterā€™s Crab thread, but man, some of these spots seem like they are destined to not work out. If this Chef had a following from previous joints it would be ideal to let people know prior to his spot being open for several monthsā€¦I live locally and have not heard one person even bring it up outside of the HO. Not even in passing as ā€œhey- something is in the old San Remo spotā€ā€¦Hyper-locally Iā€™ll wait to see what chef Junior brings in the old graze spot as it would be nice to have some stuff not in RB/Rumson/SB, etcā€¦between LS/Shresbury/Oceanport we really only have albarino and bluGrottoā€¦with all the disposable income nearby itā€™s insane thatā€™s all there is in those towns, especially after they killed that giant bar pos project they had going up in LS with the one and only liquor license.

2 Likes

I dont think the Little Silver project is dead, heard they are just looking at a different location now (but not sure where it is).

1 Like

The only crappy 1 star review is probably the only review not from a friend or family member.

To last as an Italian place you have to be putting out some good food around hereā€¦lots of competition.

4 Likes

Did some detective work and apparently the chef is a tv personality who does spots on a tv/web show. One of the hosts recommended his new spot of viewers were
In ā€œsouth jerseyā€. :pensive:
You would think a guy like that would know to have an online presence or get any word of mouth out. Iā€™ll continue to hope for the best but expect the worst here

Uhboy. :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

I hadnā€™t heard that. would be nice to have some stuff in LS and with booze for sure. I feel like the developer got greedy with that jumbo sized ridiculous plan he had and ruined what would have been a good thing and probable gold mine.

Got my first local real review of the place. ā€œGood, not outstandingā€¦ā€˜another local Italian b.y.oā€™ā€¦very friendly staff and kitchen.ā€
apparently they are trying to get their legs under them before getting a web presence.(???).
Dunno why the area is crying out for another ā€œgood not greatā€ Italian b.y.o., but perhaps if they focus on being family friendly they can carve out a niche with locals who donā€™t feel like fighting RB parking all the time or SB in the summer.

Amazingā€¦to have ownership think that this place will dominate early with no website is hilarious. People want to see a menu. This is a fact. Iā€™m not a restauranteur, but you make a website before you open. Even if the menu isnā€™t set in stone, you make one and put it up.

They donā€™t have booze, a website (one that I can find,) and they are entering an area check full of mediocre Italian competition. There is a reason why 2 or so Italian places around here require reservations 2-3 weeks in advance on the weekends. They have great food! This place has to bring their ā€œA game.ā€

2 Likes

And Iā€™m going to go out on a limb and predict that once we see it, their menu will (mostly) look LIKE EVERY OTHER ITALIAN RESTAURANT MENU.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure it wonā€™t be anything innovative. I bet it will be the same as all the others. The google reviews are rough on this place! Out of 7 reviews, all 5 stars are from people with 1 or two ratings which I dismiss. The 2 other ratings are 1 star from people with more than 3 reviews. One guy with 58 reviews just completely shredded this place. So the only two ratings I consider valid in my mind are 1 star. Thatā€™s not good.

3 Likes

honestly, even if it is the same as everywhere else it could still be great, if itā€™s executed really well bc many of the spots are mediocre to poor around here in that space. However, based on their current approach Iā€™m not sure if that will be the caseā€¦a family friendly homestyle/traditional/red sauce Italian spot in LS/Shrewsbury could really clean up (if they had booze it would be a printing press).
Iā€™ll continue to hope for then best but expect the worst.

2 Likes

After going to Garigulioā€™s on opening day and having them break my heart, Iā€™m sitting this one out. Iā€™m waiting till someone else here tries it and gives it a good review before I give it a try.

Step right up and be the first one! Someone, anyoneā€¦(Iā€™m waiting)

2 Likes

I just put another one in for the team at siam paradise. Actually rooster beat me to it lol

Metafans, I think youā€™re at bat!

I want someone to try that ā€œtour of italyā€ at tuzzios. The veal park there is pretty damn good! 27.95 is a good deal. 14.00 italian dinner.

I noticed the prime rib wednesdays and called to see when that will be available. They were closed but I will find out.

Tuzzioā€™s Tour of Italy has been on my ā€œthings to tryā€ list for years now. Iā€™m confident that itā€™s good. Just havenā€™t landed there. For some reason, on the rare occasion when I go out on a Tuesday after work, I head to the bar at Jackā€™s.

1 Like