Via 45 Red Bank......NJ

For us unless we have a sitter, we are sitting down for dinner no later than 6:30. I checked earlier based on this and for 3, I didn’t see an open slot for 2 weeks on a Saturday.

BUT - I saw TONS of openings for Friday, Oct 4 in that ‘prime’ spot of 5 PM - 8PM. So hurry, hurry, hurry!

In this instance, the use of the term “prime” is defined by the reservation system (RESY) used by Via 45.

1 Like

“all credit card charges include 3.95% surcharge
currency is graciously accepted”

Is that new?

We came here on Friday. My in-laws loved it. Service was professional, friendly and very accommodating. The appetizers were a huge hit (melons and prosciutto and calamari). My salmon was good, but not wildly special and the side dish of rice with vegetables was an odd pairing. My husband was a little miffed that the menu stated the pasta had chilies but zero spice. So zero that the kiddo and I both ate it. My in-laws got the famous pork (loved) and eggplant parm (also a big hit). No time or room for dessert. The 3.95% credit card fee is annoying. They also suggest the tip after that fee which also feels kind of ick to me.

3 Likes

We were here before the credit card fee.

I thought the service was fine, the food was all good quality, but nothing wowed me. I guess I expected more after reading too many reviews. We all ordered appetizers which was unecessary as portions are generous. Two apps for 4 people would have been plenty.

I was disappointed by the limited menu size. Nothing really appealed to me and I just ordered whatever. I understand that they are a small restaurant and they are using fresh, quality ingredients. This is no offense to this restaurant as I think they are very good, but food is subjective and for me it was too plain.

4 Likes