Vegetarian Nut Loaf

I’m looking for a particular Nutloaf recipe that I had from a book called ‘No meat for me, please’

It had onions, celery, tomato, nuts(your choice), breadcrumbs and that’s all I can remember.

I remember really liking it but I borrowed the book from a friend and can’t find my recipe.

I know for sure that there was no cottage cheese, soy crumbles, tofu, tempeh or seitan in it.

Anyone know a recipe like this and would you please share it if you do ?

here is something close: an Adventist nut loaf:

1. Nut Roast
    · 250g raw cashews
    · 250g raw almonds
    · 1 onion
    · 2 cloves garlic
    · 1 medium size carrot
    · 2 slices wholemeal bread
    · 1Tsp heaped bouillon
    · ¼ cup water
    · fresh parsley
    · fresh rosemary
    Blend the almonds and the carrot together (texture as desired) and empty into a mixing bowl. Blend half of the cashews. Blend the other half with bread and the rest of the ingredients. Mix everything and spread in an oiled oven proofed dish. Cook slowly in a 2-3 oven till brown. P.S. Almonds will blend better if soaked beforehand.

Thanks Rory- I will give this a try -a 2-3 oven would that be like 350f?

no that’s British gas mark sorry, it would be between 300-325. I haven’t made this loaf, I usually make a cashew loaf from one of my adventist cookbooks.

Funny how there seems to be a “british” nut roast that is unfortunately uncommon here in the US
This great article from the Guardian includes recipe links to several versions (none seem to be vegan) , see if/which appeal to you
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/dec/15/how-cook-perfect-nut-roast

1 Like

Thanks- I will let you know how it turns out.

Those recipes look amazing!

The cookbook that the original recipe came from was from the UK.

Hi Rory-
So I made this Nut loaf this evening and it turned out very well. Quite close to the one I’m looking for.

Thank you again.

Sasailsa; that’s super, I’m really glad it turned out well for you. You could trawl using a search ‘nut loaf’ uk…and maybe find the original recipe.

I am also a fan of the nut cutlet! I plan to make some…lol

Nut cutlet?? Never tried making those.Sounds interesting.