Vegetable Lasagna?

I make mine with sauteed shredded carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and baby spinach. I add the cooked vegetables right to the red sauce.

2 Likes

My wife and I liked the lasagna. My only remaining question is what could be a good idea or two to use up the unused half container of ricotta before it spoils.

I made this lemon ricotta cake a couple of months ago and we really enjoyed it. https://thisitaliankitchen.com/italian-lemon-ricotta-cake/

1 Like

These salmon ricotta potato chip fishcakes are shockingly good. (Gift link.) They are quite fragile, my cousin adds an egg white, I live with the fact they may fall apart.

1 Like

A good dollop of ricotta on pasta with a tomato sauce is always nice. Mix in chives, salt and pepper for a cheese spread on a piece of toasted sourdough. Another option is ricotta cavatelli . Alternately, drizzle with honey and top and chopped figs and walnuts for dessert. It’s a very versatile cheese.

1 Like

That’s what i am looking for, Jammy.

Deborah Madison’s great cookbook, Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone has a spectacular dish, Stir-Fried Roasted Eggplant. You can easily sub everyday pantry staples for their less common Asian sauces/condiments. This dish is great as a hot or room temp side, bruschetta or pizza topping, or pasta sauce. It is spectacular as the sauce component if lasagna. You can go basic, subbing it for the meat or meatless tomato sauce in a typical lasagna, OR use it as the filling between the sheets of pasta, with or without some additional layering such as squash or artichoke.

1 Like

My favorite vegetable lasagne is the “Winter Geens Lasagne” from the old ChowHound. I have it printed but not a link to share. It is NOT healthy eating but it is delicious!

Here it is. Apparently, many CH editorial recipes now live at Greatist.com (which is owned by the company that bought and unceremoniously shuttered CH, not to be confused with the “new” Chowhound.com).

5 Likes

I suggest involving a can of refried beans. The consistency is not too far off a meat sauce, so it works quite well.

1 Like

Nice, good to know. Here’s a direct link to where their recipes live:

2 Likes