Vallejo food stands

On my family’s weekly friday drive up to Truckee we usually take interstate 80 through Vallejo. When we do, I’ve noticed what looks like a number of food stands on the frontage road that runs along eastbound 80 between Redwood Pkwy and Turner Pkwy. We’ve never had a chance to stop because we’re always in a race against traffic, but it looks promising. It definitely looks like something that would have been visited by a “chowhound” circa 2004. I figure this is the right place to check for any intel. Has any one been to any of the stands? Are they worth a visit?

5 Likes

You mean here?

1 Like

Yes sir, that’s the spot! There’s usually what looks like three or four stands lined up next to each other on the dirt inbetween the road and the field.

1 Like

Here’s one of the stand:

They have the trompo. They got the piña. The pastor looks good. There’s the good reason to go.

(From their IG)

4 Likes

Welp, that’s all I needed to see.

2 Likes

Is that a positive welp or a negative welp?

3 Likes

Emphatically positive.

2 Likes

We have been a couple of times to the stand that is the farthest to the left (if looking at it from the highway) and it was quite good. But about 5 minutes off the highway is our favorite place for tacos. La Piñata Taqueria which is a taco truck but the food is made in a kitchen adjacent to the truck. Their Suadero tacos, priced at just $2.50 each, are a must-try. Made with succulent meat from a thin cut of beef between the belly and the leg, these tacos are packed with delicious, beefy flavor that rivals even the best carnitas. Two of these generously sized tacos will make for a satisfying and filling lunch.

4 Likes