Urfa Durum, Paris

Urfa Durum makes “from scratch” kurdish kabobs (plus), House made bread, seasoned meats, and maybe the best “hand done” frites in Paris.

photo%201-1

I chose the lamb pita which brought two good-sized strips of grilled ground marinated lamb in their super bread with lettuce, tomato, onion, harisse and yogurt sauces.

photo%202-1

The Montparnasse location is very convenient for picking up pre or on-train food. It is actually located at the southwest corner/end of rue de Rennes.

Highly recommend for hands-on, fresh, well seasoned and generous cooking.

3 Likes

Is this place related to to the similarly named Genç Urfa Dürüm on the same street, which had to close recently?

1 Like

Not that I know of, but I really don’t know.

1 Like

I guess I found the answer. I had a vague memory of Clothilde of Chocolate and Zucchini mentioning the place. So I found this in her April 2013 mailing, which implies that the two had nothing to do with each other:

and Maxence’s favorite Kurdish sandwich place on rue du Faubourg Saint-Denis, Genç urfa dürüm, whose lahmajoun (pictured at right) we like better than that of the much more famous Urfa Dürüm across the street

Did I mention that we had the best frites here than I can remember anywhere? Probably 500 pounds of potatoes stacked near the kitchen suggested totally house made product.

1 Like