Upscale Lunch near Asbury Park?

Every December, my office struggles on where we should have our “holiday lunch”. The requirements are that it must be in the Asbury Park/Long Branch area (maybe even Red Bank) and must please our bosses (read: fancier and more upscale). The problem is that most of the places we can think of don’t open until 4 p.m. or later. Does anyone have any suggestions? In the past, we usually end up at Taka in AP or McLoone’s Pier in LB, but I’d like a different location this year. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Some thoughts:

Rooney’s, Long Branch
Molly Pitcher Inn, Red Bank

Depending on the size of your group, there may be places willing to book you a holiday luncheon even though they aren’t open for lunch. Piccola Italia in Ocean Tp. might fit this bill, but would require a call.

2 Likes

Also, maybe Mister C’s in Allenhurst. Food a bit less “upscale,” but a really nice space overlooking the ocean.

1 Like

Is Rooney’s the place that used to be a health club/spa? I’m almost certain that was the last place we went to (just before the pandemic). We also tried Mr. C’s years ago, but someone got seasick from the view, lol. I can suggest Molly Pitcher to them, though.

Our party varies, but we’re usually under ten, so I don’t think any restaurants would book us specially?

1 Like

Nicholas in Red Bank.

3 Likes

Avenue in long branch seems to be doing lunch. Have had a few nice lunch/brunches there previously

Full disclosure have not eaten there since covid though.

2 Likes

Ha, I was wrong – I think Avenue is the refurbished health club/restaurant we last went to. That puts Rooney’s back on the list. Nicholas is a good suggestion. I would’ve thought it was too expensive and limited in the past, but the menu is more expanded since it became Nicholas Barrel & Roost.

1 Like

Sirena in Long Branch has gorgeous views and ‘feels’ fancy. Haven’t been post-pandemic, but they’ve been solid for a long time.

Barrel and Roost (Nicholas) is a good suggestion - covers lots of bases.

Brando’s in AP offers lunch on Fridays…

2 Likes

These are awesome – thanks so much, folks! I’ve texted the office manager the list you’ve all suggested.

2 Likes

Pearl Restaurant & Lounge at the Oyster Point Hotel, in Red Bank, has delicious food, excellent service, and a lovely view (the dining room sits along the Navesink). They serve lunch every day.

Edited to add: The food at Barrel and Roost is much more casual than the food served when the restaurant was Nicholas. It’s fine but, imo, not nearly as delicious.

4 Likes

I would + 1 Pearl, I have eaten there, and it is an excellent location putting out very good food. My other suggestion would be the Raven and Peach in Fair Haven. Very upscale, private room ( the restaurant never re-opened after the pandemic, but he is doing banquets and we recently had my daughter’s wedding shower there)

2 Likes

Guys, thanks so much for all the suggestions. I was told just now the powers that be settled on … Taka. sigh Again. I was pushing for Nicholas Barrel & Roost or that Brando’s Friday lunch but was woefully steamrolled, lol. At least Taka hasn’t disappointed yet.

1 Like

Totally understand why you feel that way… But Taka IS consistently good, so hopefully you get to enjoy it!

1 Like