Unsolicited product evaluation: Pringles Wendy's Baconator Crisps

I’ve bought and eaten Pringles for several decades. Product of choice is the Original style. Not overly impressed by the selections of flavored crisps.

I like the product because I can get my fill eating six or eight crisps a day; unlike the unbridled craving a bag of Better Made, Wise or Herr’s chips placed in front of me engenders.

So on to my personal evaluation of the Baconator Crisps:

PRO(s) – Dynamic, handsome packaging. Pringles states the crisps are Artificially Flavored. Kudos to the manufacturer for its prominent candor.
CON(s) – Not even remotely similar to the Baconator Burger taste. The “artificiality” of a first bite is jarring and quite off putting. You might ask, “What am I tasting?” But only a foods chemist could really explain the mash up of spicing in this train wreck. The after taste left in the mouth (even after just one crisp) demands to be washed away, eradicated by strong drink of some kind.

Going back to the Ingredients Label won’t give the consumer an “Ah ha” moment. Listed are the usual adds in a salty snack, and these… Tomato Powder, Spices, Paprika Extract Color, Tumeric Extract Color, and Red 40 Lake.

Final take? I will not finish this tube. I might save it to offer to someone I run into at a future house party, who isn’t a Best Bud. Kind of a gag gift, with the emphasis on gag.

5 Likes

Perfect rationale, only Lays and Kettle something for me. The snack closet across from my office at work has flavored Pringles that I don’t crave at all, even on the most stressful days.

2 Likes

Bravo! Your review, particularly the bit above, brought desperately needed humor and lightness to my day. :grinning:

I am just sorry that you had to taste those ghastly chips to write it. Talk about taking one for the team.

2 Likes

Thank you, Denise.
It was a tough review to write.

2 Likes

Sometimes I think I WANT PRINGLES but it always turns out I only want one Pringle. Two or three at the most. See also: Velveeta, Cool Whip, Progresso Clam Chowder. (This is not true of Cheetos. I can eat 1000 Cheetos.)

3 Likes

I don’t eat a lot of fast food but since we have grandkids, Wendy’s and Pringle’s are on the radar. Love Baconators. I don’t have to say no veggies or anything. Just the way a bacon cheeseburger should be. Original Pringle’s were a special treat growing up. More about the canister than anything else and I think that holds true to this day. I like both but I’ll mix them myself tyvm.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We like to learn something everyday. Among today’s discoveries:

2 Likes

Fun fact! I’ve eaten Cheetos with chopsticks.

3 Likes