Unexpected Good Food- Long Branch/Monmouth

Love la Valentina! I recommended it to friends on Friday. They really enjoyed it. One friend raved about the tongue tacos…I also suggested Whitechapel Projects for drinks beforehand.

My party went to Ebb’s for dinner. Then I was finally able to hit Whitechapel Projects at night…like a proper adult! Loved the vibe and the drinks.

1 Like

Stopped in to Gold Coast Gardens on Branchport yesterday. Since Covid they have been stocking up on produce and other items.
I happened to spy this in the glass door merchandiser. Simply labeled “Hot” I opted for this one over the unlabeled one. Very good flavorful salsa verde with nice heat. Would recommend.

5 Likes

They have a nice selection of gourmet groceries, including meats and cheeses. They sell the most amazing sour dough bread from a baker in NY, I believe. They also have lovely gifts.

I did have a loaf of cinnamon bread in my hand but ultimately passed. Next time will pick it up, and it will be soon as the salsa is no more. The salsa matches nicely with Nip n Tuck wings and IPA.

2 Likes

Was in Boscovs yesterday shopping for snowmen. GF can never have enough snowmen in her collection.
Anyway, I have often passed by the candy counter not giving it a second thought. I was intrigued by the fudge and picked up a couple pounds.
On recommendation went with the Chocolate Peppermint and Chocolate Caramel Sea Salt. Good stuff.

5 Likes

No photos but picked up some Peanut Butter and Cool Mint fudge today. Ate too much. Think a good gift if you’re stuck.

2 Likes

Nip N Tuck Jersey Burger and Standard Wings. Comes with Fries and Pickle. I like that the bun, burger, and pork roll are all grilled.
You can call your order in but I prefer having a cocktail while I wait.

7 Likes