Uncle Jack's Falafel - CLOSED Ocean, NJ

Popped in to grab a bagel at the place near Uncle Jack’s and saw there was a note on the door…it simply says they’ve decided to shut down. It’s a shame; those were some excellent falafel (under a BIZARRE name). I seem to recall that they occasionally had a branded truck parked at the outer edge of the shopping center–wonder if they’re going mobile. Anyone know? @NotJrvedivici ??

I got nothing, sorry.

WHAT?? I wanted to go there for the longest time and never did. Only because they’re 30 or 45 minutes from me. This from their Facebook on Jan 10th:

I regret to inform everyone that I have decided to close the restaurant for the foreseeable future. We are evaluating all possible scenarios for the restaurant but with that being said I would like to thank all of our friends, family and CUSTOMERS for supporting us over the past five years. It was a pleasure serving all of you, and I can’t thank you all enough.
Please be well,
Uncle Jack

Is that the place near Foodtown? That’s too bad. They had good stuff.

Yes–that’s the place.

I like the falafel’s at Royal Grill 37 in Toms River, NJ. They make lamb and rice platters that are very good. I always get extra extra white sauce. Their green sauce is good that goes on the chapli kebabs. The family that owns the place is super friendly.

1 Like