Umi Sushi Waltham, MA

We headed over to Umi in Waltham on Sat. night, located in the former Sato location in the Winter Street strip mall that houses Bertucci’s and Giorgio’s liquors. The interior was lovely and inviting. Service was attentive and prompt. We had a couple of miso soups, seaweed salad and a few maki. The execution on the maki was first rate and the quality/freshness was outstanding. The only odd thing was that each maki was presented on its own individual dish, rather than organizing them in the standard manner on a common platter…a little space inefficient on our little two top table. Price point was very reasonable: ~ $70 including tax, tip and a large sake. Definitely check it out if you are in Waltham!
http://www.umiwaltham.com/

Thanks for the report, sci chick. That’s exciting to have a good sushi place so close to my house. I was a little nervous when I saw the pan-Asian menu items, since that doesn’t usually bode well. We’ll have to check it out soon.

The major focus is Japanese, for sure. A few Korean items, so maybe they are Korean? Yes, I saw a few throwaway Chinese style offerings…maybe they are trying to attract people who are interested in sushi/Japanese but have partners/family members who would not otherwise agree to an outing there!