Tsuru Ton Tan Udon Noodle Brasserie (Manhattan)

The first US outpost of this Japanese chain is located in the space formerly occupied by Union Square Café. Mr. RBI and I had lunch there last month on his birthday. Here’s my blog post about it.

My Blog
My Flickr

I went there a few months ago with a friend and liked it a lot. I think I remember having Wagyu/Shabu Udon, or something anyway with beef, which I thought was of excellent quality. My friend got Cold Uni Udon, which was a special and was great, though a somewhat expensive half-portion (but you pay for really good uni). I’m really sorry you had such long waits for your food. I don’t remember waiting a super-long time, but then I was there at least as much for the conversation with my friend as for the food. I would definitely go back some day when I felt like indulging in carbs.

Hi Pan,

Great seeing your comment! Good to hear that you liked TTTUNB. Since we’ve never had Udon before, I take you at your word re: the quality. At some point, Mr. RBI will surely try some cold Udon there.

Btw, someone on Food Talk Central voiced his opinion that Raku is superior to TTTUNB for Udon. Via Googling, I see it’s in the EV (perhaps near you if you are still living there). Have you been? If so, what do you think?

My Blog
My Flickr

I have not been there.