Trying to figure out how to make this site more like the old chowhound...

Have to disagree, jfood. I cannot resist a response over there.

1 Like

Yes, I remember when I first joined and got posts deleted for no reason I could fathom - they weren’t even snarky. I also hated the gonzo talk and words like “delicousness”. They seemed to grow out of that though.

Oh, Scar-God and others of us got our come uppence quite deservedly. But we sure had fun.

LOL. I loved you and Sam ‘discussing’ your dumpster :slight_smile:

1 Like

I miss the old CH too, but that’s a moot point. It isn’t coming back, whichever version of it we miss.

It’s good to hear that the NYS/CT board is doing well. I wish I could say the same for the NYC Board. there are only two active threads in the past 18 days and one reads like Spam/self-promotion.

Please don’t tell me “to contribute more”. My limited interest there is in ethnic restaurants, mostly in the outer boroughs, and preferably inexpensive. My posts would generate almost no interest.

What I really miss is CH’s SE Asia board. it may take years before HO has the critical mass to re-create that. The biggest problem there was that it evolved to where one person started half the threads. i don’t want to be that person.

I think the Boston board has some good ingredients to succeed. With that said, I think we haven’t grown substantially in the last month or two. A great way to get more eyes and participation on your board is here:

1 Like