Treehouse Brewing; Superior Lobster & Seafood [Sandwich MA]

We just got back from playing hooky. We ended up going to Treehouse Brewing in Sandwich because B was running low from our visit to the Deerfield location over Memorial Day weekend. As people who love the Cape but never go because the traffic frightens us, we thought, how bad can the traffic be on a Wednesday? Wasn’t too bad today (2 hours there due to an accident straight off the bat getting onto 95S, 1.5 hours back) and the day warranted something at the coast. The venue is awesome, as are the beers but it was HOT so we stayed indoors, rather than out on the pleasant deck. Lunch was from the just ok food truck, Freshly Dressed, a salad biz, which I don’t think is the best pairing for beer. I had the “guacamole” salad as a burrito and B had it as a salad topped with grilled chicken. Fun, young staff all around and we stocked up on beer.

Afterwards, we stopped at Superior Lobster and Seafood. We got striped bass; B wanted shrimp cocktail so we got pre-cooked shrimp and their in-house cocktail sauce; 2 lbs of littlenecks for linguine and clams later this week; and their in-house wild salmon burgers.

B said to me, “this was a good idea.”

9 Likes

Your bold decision to brave the summertime Cape traffic sure paid off. Yay!

Come the fall it looks like you’ll be able to visit Tree House closer to home in Tewksbury. I’m curious to see what they’ll do there when they get up and running.

2 Likes

mmmmm, striped bass!

1 Like

I love striper, too. Do you have a favorite prep? I decided to marinate it in olive oil/lemon/dried oregano/crushed garlic for a pseudo-Greek vibe. It just went in the fridge. We will grill it in about 30 minutes.

2 Likes

That sounds delicious! Now that you ask, it has been a long time since I’ve had striped bass. I can’t remember my favorite prep and I do not appear to have saved it in Paprika. I think it was along the line of yours plus cherry tomatoes.

1 Like

Nice! Thanks for sharing. We recently stopped at the Deerfield Treehouse en route to Vermont and they had really amazing pizza and the space is very very cool and spacious.

2 Likes