Trama’s at One Willow [NJ]

That would make complete sense because I was married in the early 90’s and had my children during the mid 90’s which is when I would bring them for the holiday’s and other special occasions. ( like shortly after my son was born it was discovered he had some potential swelling of the brain, we took him to a world renown pediatric brain surgeons Dr. Fred Epstein - and it turned out to be a false alarm - so I took my family and the grandparents who joined us for the Dr. visit for a celebratory dinner at the Tavern…I still tear up as I type this thinking of that day)

So the Tavern on the Green will always hold very special memories for me, most of which revolve around the mid-late 90’s. I do remember at some point the food had become nothing more than banquet quality which ended our patronage.

5 Likes

Man, I can imagine what a relief that good news was from the Dr! What a scary experience that must have been.

Sometimes a false alarm is a VERY good thing!

If anyone is interested I actually have the Bisque recipe because for a time they had a recipe of the month on their website. I’d have to go look through my old filing cabinet to find it.

1 Like

How did you like the scallop dish? We loved it.

We went to Trama’s at One Willow by boat on Sunday afternoon. The outdoor bar was two deep. We were seated at an outdoor table for two. We ordered Pat’s famous mussels to share. We were disappointed that the mussels didn’t include the classic homemade croutons at this location. The sauce was delicious but nothing to sop it up with. Their dinner rolls are too sweet for this purpose.

I ordered the organic salmon steak, which was described as coming with “arugula, tomato vinaigrette.” What I got was a salmon filet with an arugula salad that was loaded, and I mean loaded, with green olives. I told our server that I didn’t like olives and that the menu doesn’t mention them, and she suggested that I pick them out. The salad, which took up most of the plate, was thoroughly tossed with them so there was no working around them. Plus, olive juice infected the rest of the salad. Ick. When our server returned to clear my dish, she didn’t remark on the fact that I ate none of the salad.

My husband had jerk chicken wings as his entree. He said they were good.

I wish I could love this place but another pricey, disappointing visit. It was a perfect day for a boat ride, though, so all was not lost.

4 Likes

Just about sums up my overall experience. Sadly. Was there a band?

WELL LOOK AT THAT. I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!! :star_struck:
@gracieggg

3 Likes

She told you to pick them out? Whoa. That is a pretty curt response for the service industry. Granted, I use that line at my house, but there is little competition here.

5 Likes

AHAHAHHA! OLIVE HATERS UNITE!!! I’m cracking up!

2 Likes

{{{{ INTENSE therapy}}}}

2 Likes

I’m confident that @CurlzNJ and I can overcome!!!

1 Like

That’s a shame. I know people who cant stand olives. I love them though. I was thinking of going but I dont feel like crowds today. I’m going to 2nd jetty instead now to get there at 4:00 opening…nice west breeze

2 Likes

A duo started at 4. They were very good. She had an incredible voice. Facebook page lists them as Taylor Tote with Nick Ryan and Rob Dye, but there was only one guy on guitar.

Ha! Young guy? It was likely Nick Ryan…he and Taylor T are good friends and he’s also VERY talented.

Perhaps for the olive EATERS. 'cause there’s obviously something OFF about you…

I invite you all to join me here:

2 Likes

Jersey Bites just did their ‘Lady walks into a bar’ feature on Trama’s.

1 Like

That lobster roll looks like a beast. It could be the pic but it looks stacked with meat. For 28.00 it should be too.

I have to try this place again. My first trip wasn’t the best.

1 Like

It is stacked. There is no chance of picking it up and eating it as served. I’ve had a couple and they require a fork.

I think I said it before, but here goes again. It’s a very good roll, but it is heavy. A little more mayo than classic and I thought a little much on the tarragon taste (recent article said chervil, I could be wrong).

That said, I’d order it again, and I’ve had 3 this summer.

2 Likes