Traditional Chef Uniform

I think that’s called a “barca”.

4 Likes

Nor does mine. Hence the ever=present burn cream in the kitchen drawer.

1 Like

I thought the post(s) was for Halloween.

2 Likes

:rofl: There’s a blast from the past!

1 Like

My initial thought as well.

But if the pots are wet or oily, the towel takes more time than say, silicone pads, for example.

Your small h has a steel trap memory for malfeasance.

5 Likes

In all fairness, oven gloves are terrible for everything except holding a hot pan or tray. You lose all dexterity with them on. While I’m actively cooking, I often reach for one of the cloths hanging nearby to move a pot or a lid too. Otherwise, it’s oven mitt in to grab something, and then take that off, grab a cloth, and remove a lid.

2 Likes

Oven mitts have one safety issue (which is its strength and major weakness). An oven mitt protects our hand in all direction by fully encasing it. This is in an advantage when we are reaching in a narrow hot space, say a small oven in which not only the pan can be hot, but the oven rack and oven walls are hot too.
Its weakness is also because an oven mitt fully enclosing our hand. If significant amount of hot water or hot oil is spilled on the mitt and get absorbed or spilled between the mitt and our hand, we cannot simply toss it like a piece of a towel or an oven holder ( a faction of a second). It can take some time to take off the mitt, and every extra second to take off, can result in increasing damage to our hand.