Trader Joe's YEA/NAY/MEH, 2023 Edition

I too, just loved their version of Scottish tablet. I still haven’t forgiven them for discontinuing their sun-dried tomato crostini, and that was 27 or 28 years ago! More recently, the Belgian chocolate pudding, bacon jerky, and Brittany cultured butter. …and many others I’m sure I’ve forgotten.

2 Likes

Ooh, that butter

Don’t forget the Valrhona Chocolate bars, I used for CC Cookies!!

The cinnamon babka appears to be a seasonal item, which I don’t particularly understand. They always have the chocolate one, but the cinnamon is far better. Fingers crossed it comes back this holiday season lol.

we tried the pa jeon for the first time the other night, paired well with instant pot butter chicken :slight_smile: Also tried the vegetable bird’s nest (which came with sauce!) and liked it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s a separate thread for TJ management nays, and I have no desire to start one.

I’ve thought about starting a thread to track seasonal, occasional, and discontinued products–the idea being, ultimately, some kind of reference people could check when a product disappears to see which of the three categories it falls into. Alas, I’ve been way too lazy to actually do this.

1 Like

Damn, that bacon jerky was good.

1 Like

I picked up a bottle of 19 Crimes Martha’s Chard (Stewart and -onnay, respectively) the other day, which may be new to TJ’s because I hadn’t seen it before. Haven’t tried it yet, but at $4.99 a bottle the downside risk isn’t huge.

3 Likes

I’ve tried it. A little on the sweet side for me, but drinkable.

1 Like

I’ve found that the downside risk of TJ’s cheap wines is a monster headache.

1 Like

Another YAY! Good lime tartness, which I appreciate.

I’ll also put in a plug for being able to buy singles of some beers and ciders (in the CA stores, anyway), as I almost never buy multipacks unless I’m going to a party. I just picked up a can of ACE Mango Cider for $1.80.

2 Likes

The jalapeno limeaid makes a good margarita–and it’s dirt cheap.

2 Likes

Beware ! I was told that the jalapeño limeade is seasonal, appearing around Cinco de Mayo….bought a case!

1 Like

I’ll stock up. Thanks!

Does anyone know why bottled margarita mix is so expensive? I mean, if it was any good, that’d be one thing, but all I’ve tried sucks.

1 Like

Yeah, I never understood why the pink and white animal cookies are seasonal.

anyone tried the brown sugar boba?

Hmm - are they valentines day? The colors seem “romantic.”

I agree. That is silly. What is their season?

I dunno, maybe. It never occurred to me that animal cookies were associated with V-Day.

1 Like