Trader Joe's meta-discussion

My son pointed this out to me while shopping at the TJ’s in Framingham, MA. When I employed this tip back in NJ, a store clerk asked me not to do it. That this convenience was for employees to stock the shelves only. So…my takeaway…once something low key blows up…overkill kills it.

4 Likes

I’ve never noticed any TJs employee doing that with a shelf and they’re stocking almost any time of day. It’s possible that all stores don’t have that feature. If I notice people trying it in the future I’ll know who to blame.

1 Like

Trader Joe’s has fired an employee for writing to TJ CEO asking for improved ventilation and company support for enforcing the company-wide mask mandate. He also asked for atmospheric monitoring to track ventilation efficiency and educate decisions about the number of people allowed in the store.

The article lists what Trader Joe’s has done which is in my opinion necessary but not sufficient.

Trader Joe’s still does not support curbside pickup.

Thirteen experts on viruses and infection who recently wrote President Biden about national guidance have expressed support for the fired employee, mostly on Twitter.

1 Like

I was thrilled when the first TJ’s in town opened up a half mile from us, and I still love it, although I’ve gotten wise to some of their weaker points, I’m now much better at shopping there, and would really, really be bummed out if they ever closed. Which they won’t, because it’s usually crowded, especially during the “after-work-on-the-way-home” hours.
I don’t get that people think TJ’s is nothing but heat & eat foods, that’s not how I shop or eat and I find no end of stuff to buy there.

4 Likes
2 Likes

The big NAY on TJ’s, more so than anywhere else I shop, is the incredibly self-absorbed people obstructing other shoppers.

:roll_eyes:did you seriously come here just to shit on Trader Joe’s? That is kinda like yucking someone’s yum.

9 Likes

Shopping TJs is like being in a candy store for lots of people. There’s tons of online material about the things they offer and finding them in the store can be a challenge. Searching the aisles can be problematic sometimes. It’s definitely not easy to just run in and grab a few specific things if the store’s busy. My local store doesn’t get jammed up very often, especially if you know (and can avoid) times when it’s busiest.

5 Likes

Not at all. OP solicited nays. So you’re yucking on my yuck, and in a personal way.

I actually like a lot that TJ’s offers

Oh, I don’t know… Is it that hard to refrain from parking your cart and kids sideways in an aisle?

2 Likes

I shop at many different supermarkets professionally, and find self-absorbed, oblivious people to be present in all of them. At least in my experience, this is not specific to TJ’s :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Maybe your complaints would be better suited for this discussion?

If I’m not mistaken, this thread specifically discusses products available at TJ’s.

3 Likes

Yes, there are two whole discussions to vent generally on — that are not this one, which is to recommend or caution against products.

3 Likes

Yes, definitely. I just find more (and worse) obstructors at TJ’s than anywhere else.

No, THIS thread does not limit itself to items. The best that can be said is that it was an attempt to “reboot” a previous thread about TJ’s. Think there are any non-item posts in that prior thread?

We call these people celebrities, because they act like we’re all thrilled to have them there, taking up space.

4 Likes

And also here, as it turns out :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ve no inclination to read the prior thread. This thread is for discussing the pros and cons of TJ’s products.

@Saregama posted two threads more appropriate to air your (TJ’s-or-other-supermarket-related) grievances.

2 Likes

My non-food NAY at TJ’s is the exact opposite: old bats who don’t mind their own business (in the store and in the parking lot).

Have to agree with that. Dumb is dumb wherever you find it. I just think that TJ’s product mix leads to more shelf-gazing than the mix at other markets.

2 Likes