trader joe’s: yay/nay/meh 2022

Still hurts. TJs broke my heart years ago when they gave the pumpkin croissants the axe. They even had little pumpkin seeds on top that toasted when you baked them. I have had to drown my sorrows in the almond and also the chocolate ones that you let rise overnight.

1 Like

WHAT??? I did not know that. Now I am sorry I know that.

I haven’t forgiven them for discontinuing the whole wheat cinnamon raisin English muffins and then the multigrain ones too.

Nay: the organic poppy seed salad dressing was apparently seasonal and is already done for 2022. We really liked ir. I would have stocked up if I had known.

Got hooked on dark chocolate covered ginger. Now it’s gone. Bother!

Tried the new Jerk Chicken Skewers. Pretty good, though the sauce is a bit spicy for my aging constitution.

Also. Noticing lots of our favorite $5.99 wines are now $6.99. Not unexpected I guess.

Still lots of great reasons to shop there. I’m generally mystified by people who say they don’t see the appeal. To each their own I guess.

4 Likes

Lulu’sMom likes Butler Pond Pinot Noir. It was only $6 when I tried it. I’m not a big drinker, certainly no expert, but my friend and I thought it was great, especially for $6!

2 Likes

:+1:t2: on the Salsa Verde totopos, err tortilla chips. Not spicy enough for me, but they are full of flavor.

3 Likes

I saw those today and thought they’d be perfect for chilaquiles.

1 Like

Noticed today that they’ve got Chimichurri and a Tahini herb sauce in the same section as the wonderful Zhoug - anyone tried either of those?

Thanks for the rec. I’ll look for it, tho Pinot Noir is a pretty difficult wine to find done decently at that price.

I got the salsa verde tortilla chips today, and I am pretty impressed. Also impressed that there are still some in the bag.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, which makes this even more of a unicorn.

What city are you in/near? Our closest TJs recently reduced their wine selection and I don’t recall seeing Butter Pond the other day.

I’m in Chapel Hill, NC. I haven’t looked for it in the past few months (stockpiled), but I do remember that they were out of it for a few months last year.

It’s Butler Pond, I found it in South San Francisco, CA.

2 Likes

YEA to the Trader Joe’s Olive Oil potato chips. The ingredients are only potatoes, olive oil, salt.
The taste is simple and delicious. I made a repeat trip to the store to get another bag after the first one disappeared within a few minutes of opening.

8 Likes

I bought that one on my last visit because they were all out of the Reduced Fat or calorie ? Potato chips. They are my very favorite by far, incredible crunch. In stores like Safeway, none of the chips tempt me!

2 Likes

Yes to the incredible crunch. They are a kettle cooked chip, which is my favourite kind.

1 Like

I loved those multigrain english muffins!

1 Like

Maybe my bag was defective but these had no flavor; a guest felt the same. Going back.