Top Chef Kentucky

Thank you! I was muttering at her the whole time. What rediculous commentary!!!

A very big thank you for all the wonderful recaps this season! A+++++++!!!

4 Likes

I really liked Eric and hoped he would make it to the finals. Might also be my curiosity with West African cuisine, and wanting to see what he’d make.

Glad Kelsey won though. She grew on me as the season went on.

4 Likes

Looking at the screenshot it looks like you’re right. My bad for my snotty comment. I was wrong. In my defense I only went by the ingredients listed under the dish on the show.

OTOH I still didn’t like the judge in question.

2 Likes

Just to put some good vibes out there -

I ran into Adrienne at a food event last night here in Boston - she was there cooking and it wasn’t set up to be any sort of “meet and greet” - She couldn’t have been any nicer - friendly, gracious, tried to have a quick conversation while pumping out food for the masses - just really nice. I hope she is able to translate the exposure into some professional growth.

Just saying :wink:

7 Likes

Glad I am not the only one asking this. Seriously, how do you go from a short bob to long layers in the same episode? She doesn’t appear to be wearing a wig. Anyone?

Yup - it’s hair extensions and wigs for the interchangeability in lengths and styles.

3 Likes

I think wigs are much more sophisticated than when my mother wore them. And extensions are way more sophisticated than they were even 10 years ago. I think they are so common in show biz you wouldn’t even notice.

Remember this one? Looks like a wig more than some.
Top-Chef-Kentucky-Tom-Padma-Graham

And I believe in the same episode ( of course it was probably a different day, but presumably the same season)

1 Like

I wonder what her hair really looks like!

Ahh! But what does “really” REALLY mean? :grin:

2 Likes

wigs sometimes for sure - but you can pin under longer hair pretty effectively to make it more of a bob length. Some wigs are amazing these days.

2 Likes

“Some wigs are amazing these days”

Yes!

bitmoji-20190321044338

My sister is doing photo styling for a company based in France/England for the most natural looking hair extensions. She’s shown me some photos from the shoots and you can’t even tell they’re extensions. So yes - they’ve become MUCH more sophisticated.

1 Like

‘Top Chef’ Winner Kelsey Barnard Clark Shares Everything You Didn’t See On The Show

2 Likes

The ‘Top Chef’ judges never ate Eric Adjepong’s finale meal. So he made it for us instead.

2 Likes

Now THESE are the dishes I had hoped to see in the finale! These all look amazing, and interesting and I do believe (based on pictures and descriptions alone) would have given him the win.

I hope Tom Colicchio can see what a Top Chef should be when he serves some of his finale dishes at the pop-up in May.

" he also has a May 13 pop-up planned in New York, at Craft, “Top Chef” judge Tom Colicchio’s restaurant. Some dishes from Adjepong’s would-be finale meal may make an appearance on those menus. "

I’m not sure that is fair. . . . as in any competition, it is about performance on that day. I have no doubt Eric has the potential to go on to great food and has a potential platform for new food conversations - but that shouldn’t undermine the win and performance of the others on that day, under those pressures.

We’ve all seen that winning doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll do well “in the real world” in the future - and there are plenty of chefs from the show that have just gone off to obscurity - and non-winners that have translated their time into larger platforms. Time will tell who can last and whose food will keep people’s attention.

4 Likes

Now I’m hungry.

1 Like

Fair enough, but in comparison to the dishes presented by the two women, I personally think his looked outstanding. No, I didn’t taste it, and yes, I know that it’s about the performance on that particular day - as is evidenced by the over-spiced tartare Eric presented to the judges.

However, we also know that judges have taken into account past performances in their judging - even though they claim not to. Tom’s brought it up a couple of times near the end of seasons about “how they’ve progressed” - so it’s NOT just being judged on a single day’s presentation. How can it be? Past performance will always be in the back of all judges’ minds.

1 Like