Top 50 all-time Trader Joe's products

Thanks. I don’t recall coming across that, though I am lucky enough to have an Israeli restaurant nearby that offers good pita bread. Of course, if TJ offers a serviceable option, and I will look for what you recommended, @Midlife, it’d be much more convenient.

1 Like

We also buy the Middle Eastern flatbread instead of the regular pita. Great with homemade kebabs or tandoori chicken, and tzatziki/raita. Also hummus.

1 Like

We also use it like a tortilla - folded in half to make a sandwich of sorts.

2 Likes

Gotta be honest with you, I am not a big fan of TJ’s breads, while they will do in a pinch it’s not like I would ever go to Traders specifically to buy bread.

As regards Greek pita bread, you may be able to order it through the deli department at Safeway or Ralph’s. My local stores here will do this and then call me when it’s in.

If they won’t, look for a gyros place, one with the cone not the slices.

I also think there is a Greek deli in Daly City.

Another good brand is Kontos, which sounds a lot like Kronos.

Finally, if you get desperate, good naan will work as a substitute.

I guess we get spoiled on the East Coast because we have just about everything except good sour dough.

I would just add that pita and naan are really easy to make at home, in fact they are about a simple as it gets when it comes to bread.

Naan uses yogurt, while pita uses olive oil, but otherwise they are both pretty much the same, a basic yeast dough that only goes through a couple of rises. You do need to use a bread flour though, to get them stretchy. If you make a batch, they also freeze really well.

I tend to make them in a cast iron skillet, but you can also use a tandoori, a baking stone, or a griddle.

These are great for flatbread pizza cooked in a skillet.

The October Flyer is here.

Everyeffing thing is Pumpkin this or Pumpkin that.

Eeuuuww ! (@NotJrvedivici ™)

TJ’s may have just jumped the shark this month.

A couple of the pumpkin “highlights”:

Pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds

Pumpkin tortilla chips

Pumpkin O’s (like Cheerios but, gag, pumpkin)

Pumpkin spice coffee

Squash Mac n Cheese

Pumpkin Pop tarts

Pumpkin Waffles

Pumpkin spice caramel corn

Pumpkin ice cream

Belgian chocolate pumpkins

Pumpkin soup crackers

Pumpkin scones

Pumpkin spice almond milk

Pumpkin bisque

Greek pumpkin yogurt

Pumpkin biscotti

Pumpkin instant oatmeal

All kinds of pumpkin baking mixes…

And, ta da

Actual Pumpkins (fall fantasy, whatever the fok that is)

Barf, barf, barf I say!

Disgusting!!!

Pumpkin poop in a pamper!

Guess where I won’t be shopping this month.

So here is the best thing to do with a pumpkin if you are not using it to take out Mr Wilsons mailbox…