Top 25 Greek restaurants in NJ (per NJ.com)

Shout out to @curlzNJ on her Stamna being mentioned, though I do think both Greek Eats and The Greek Spot got screwed by not being on the list. I’ll admit I avoid Pier Village like the corona virus, but Simply Greek? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller???

https://www.nj.com/life-and-culture/j66j-2020/02/9f50e2a8b42634/njs-25-best-greek-restaurants-.html?utm_content=nj_facebook_njcom&utm_campaign=njcom_sf&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1xixeCnQhESEG0mDa4_Q7_JhIP3_An-IOHWSPvonkj9GKf5ie2JZW7iV8

2 Likes

you beat me to it; was just gonna post this as well. Really feel like TGS got jobbed. I can see leaving out GE even thought I love it b/c it’s more of a fast casual spot, but both are quite good. I’m curious to hear if simply Greek is any good if anyone has experienced it.

2 Likes

Simply Greek is the least offensive and expensive option in Pier Village and does a passable job at gyros and avgolemono.

3 Likes

Is Stewarts (Or was it K&W?) still in PV? I used to enjoy going there even though I can’t remember which one it was. lol

I really like the lamb and orzo stew at Simply Greek in Holmdel, but we’ve done only lunch there, and now I see it’s no longer on the lunch menu.:cry:

is simply greek “It’s all Greek to Me”? If so, we went once to the one in LB a cpl years ago and it was mediocre at best. TGS is head and shoulders better.

Stewart’s is there too, but about the same money.

1 Like

Simply Greek used to be It’s Greek To Me and AFAIK they are a mini chain that got bought out and rebranded.

1 Like

Like Dave said, it is ok. I’ve been to both the LB and holmdel Greek spots and both are alright…nothing crazy but acceptable.

2 Likes

When I said “spots” above I meant it as a general term, not the actual “greek spot” branded restaurant, which I am a big fan of (red bank location since it is closer to me.)

First of all, thanks for the Stamna shoutout! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I still go when I’m up in NNJ, as it’s THE place where I fell in love with legit Greek food. I remember I went because someone on eG or Chow had posted that it was the only place where he found certain dishes (Makarounes being one of them) that he’d only EVER seen on his grandmother’s table. That was enough to get me in the door, and I haven’t looked back. :grin:

Now, about this list. I like Pete and often send ideas and comments his way via Twitter, but I don’t see how he could overlook The G Spot (either location) in favor for A CHAIN, let alone the one at Pier Village (a giant mall that I avoid). I’ll certainly let him know my feelings, but keep in mind that it’s NJ.com and they never make us happy.

1 Like

Annnnnnd…

2 Likes

we’ll have to agree to disagree with Pete on this one.

2 Likes

EXACTLY my thought.

1 Like

Nice to see two of my favorites - Pithari Tavern and Kyma - on this list. Regarding the list itself, however, it is based on one man’s opinion and is therefore biased, as are most of Pete’s lists.

1 Like

LOL, his response!

Yup. And I was going to bounce back with “not advertisers?” or something equally snarky, but decided not to bother. We know what’s good/isn’t.

1 Like

See if you can find the special guest in the Greek spot ig timeline?

hint- it was a “Greggy” winner…

1 Like