Tools Usage Differs from Advertisement

That it is! I’ve had mine forever.

A butter curler makes a great pumpkin scraper. Conical burr grinder for spices. Nothing new here.

1 Like

My potato ricer is used more often to squeeze liquid from thawed chopped spinach than anything else. I prefer coarser mashed potatoes.

2 Likes

Spice can be tough. When i was in the phase of cooking/learning Indian cuisine, I had numerous glass jars for different spice. Now I only have far fewer jars. They are of different size because my need of them are different. Few of my spice even stay in refrigerator. Ultimately, I don’t use various spices often enough to have a full spice rack near the cooking area.

Always works good for spaetzle.

2 Likes

I don’t know the proper name for this type of rolling pin, but I use it like a baseball bat to flatten boneless chicken breasts thin and uniform.

Once thin, I make a Jaime Oliver recipe… Garlic Breaded Chicken Breast.

1 Like

Interesting. Do you dedicate this rolling pin for your chicken or do you switch back and forth between chicken and dough?

I have a few tea strainers, but to be honest, I stopped using them. The strainers makes the tea liquid looks clear and translucent, but it is not a big deal if I am just drinking for myself (not for guests). The stainless steel one on the left is the cheapest ($1-2), and it is just as strainer. The middle one is nylon mesh (I think) with the clay funnel and a clay base. The right one is a pure ceramic (ceramic mesh, ceramic funnel and ceramic base)

1 Like

A little messy (ok, more than a little). I put the spice jar rack (now tea jar rack) behind my draining tea table/tea. This way. I will have a few tea near by and I do not need to go back and forth. You can tell that I have a fewcanisters already, but I hope the new tea jar rack will help to organize more.

1 Like

I put the chicken breast inside folded wax paper (oiled slightly), so the rolling pin never really touches the chicken.
I do have another rolling pin I use for dough, etc. That one has handles and actually rolls.
I haven’t really found a second use for the baseball bat chicken beater rolling pin.

Is each tile 1 feet in width? That is decent size rolling pin then.

Why not? :grinning: I almost bought this and then realize I don’t even drink champagne

1 Like

I’d be too tempted to use it on misbehaving guests :eyes:

Made-in is certainly expanding its product line …

Yes… each tile is 12 inches. The overall length of that “rolling pin” is 19".

I use a cast iron frying pan to weight down homemade paneer.

1 Like

I should add that I used a salad spinner to wash vegetables. Not to spin the water out, but rather add water and vegetables in the spinner and use it like a washing machine.

6 Likes

This potato masher is fantastic for making refried beans. I sauté garlic and ground cumin in olive oil, add (undrained) canned black beans, bring to a simmer, and mash the heck out of them. We use these as a side dish for Mexican entrees or as the basis for tostadas or quesadillas.

2 Likes

My apologies if this has been mentioned. I don’t bake, but I have a pastry cutter and I use it to cut hardboiled eggs for egg salad. It rocks almost like a mezzaluna in one of my smaller glass mixing bowls. Makes quick work and no mess.

5 Likes

A friend who is a chef told me that that style of masher is called a bean masher.

1 Like

Identify with a lot of the multi-usage above. Pleased today to have turned an idli steamer into a dumpling steamer: see here.