Tone-deaf joking backfires on Ming Tsai

Ming has long been at the forefront of Massachusetts chefs donating their talents to worthy causes. But he’ll need a more genuine expression of regret, and a commitment to better future behavior, to reclaim a good public image.

2 Likes

Off with his head!

Who said that? Aside from you?

1 Like

Clumsy. Cringe. How old is he?

Late 50’s. Wiki says 58. Made me cringe, too, when I read it. I’ve been watching his shows for years - he’s from my neck of the woods.

1 Like

Yikes. Although - unless one is senile - I’m not sure at which age this would be excusable in 2023 :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Unfortunately, there are a lot of echo chambers where - regardless of the speaker’s age - this nonsense gets bandied about with impunity.

5 Likes

Wow, that seems like one of those things you say that immediately bites you in the arse, and rightfully so. But having said stuff I’d like to suck back into my lungs, I’ll give him a one time pass, because he’s never really been like that at least as far as I know.

I agree that he hasn’t previously shown a sleazy side. However, his response smacks of insincerity so I am on the fence, and no longer making a point of looking (in vain, thus far) for Ming’s Bings to include in a grocery delivery order.

1 Like

I guess then this is no use to you, but I spotted Ming’s Bings at Roche Bros in downtown Boston. This is a bit more upscale than other Roche Bros stores, so I don’t know if they have them at all locations. Was going to try one last time, but had too much stuff in my freezer already to get through.

I found Ming’s Bings in the Burlington MA Market Basket, bought the cheeseburger and sausage/peppers versions. The former was dinner, both of the two that constitute a package. Portion size given is one, but they’re pretty small. Disappointing texture and weak flavor, like oatmeal in a fried wonton. Had the fake meat been comparable to Impossible Meat, I’d have enjoyed it.

1 Like

The screeching sound you hear is my shopping cart making a U-turn. Today I had the sausage and peppers bings. Excellent! The fake sausage is something Ming buys rather than makes from scratch. The flavor and texture are spot on. I’ll definitely buy them often.

2 Likes