To all our members who are Veterans..................

First and foremost, thank you all for your service.

I had heard Texas Roadhouse was giving Veterans a free lunch, this article includes some others that are doing the same.

I do hope some of you are able to take advantage of this.

4 Likes

Here the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month is Rembrembrance day, throughout the Commonwealth. There are events for living veterans and remembering the fallen, and also all those who survived the wars but died later on, whether of sequelae of war wounds or simply life, death and old age.

I don’t know what events involve thank you meals; probably most are organised by Legion branches with the help of local restaurants and caterers.

One of my aunts was a nurse (thus an officer) in the Canadian Army and one of my thrills as a little girl was going to an Officers’ Mess with beautiful grounds and good food.

My father was in the U. S. Air Force and we used to always do Thanksgiving dinner on base. I’m assuming it was the Officers’ Mess. With only five of us, and no family nearby, it made the most sense.

Same here with the Air Force, I had a few of those meals myself at the O Club. Mom didn’t really like to cook all that much.

1 Like

Interesting! I was an officer at Travis AFB in Cailfornia early nineties and don’t remember a single meal on base! Seems like there was never enough room, even those who really needed it around here, but thats not I remember the most.
Sure hope this community doesn’t have to deal with more activity.

1 Like