Three new Boca Raton spots "coming soon"....

A drive down Federal Hwy in Boca revealed three new spots…

A sign for a new place called “HOWARD’S FAMOUS CORNED BEEF AND DELI” is now up at 3571 N. Federal Hwy, Boca Raton, FL 33431 - former location of Romano’s Italian Restaurant, about 3 blocks S of Spanish River Blvd. A FB post from Jan 11 says “we hope to open shortly”.

About a mile south, near 20th St and Federal, Los Tacos by Chef Omar also looks to be “coming soon”. This is just a few doors down from the new Boca outpost of Relish, the burger joint from the Northwood area of PB.
Article on Los Tacos from the spring here:
http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/resta

Then, back up north towards the Delray line (6450 N Fed), the building that has been Too Big For Many Concepts Over The Past Decade (9,000 Sq Ft) is now going to get another go-round. “Something or Other Cantina” is all I could make out as I drove by. Hope they have better luck than…
Moonshine Molly’s
Player’s Sports Lounge
Neighborhood Sports Bar
Etc

Thanks Charlie, yes that huge place on Federal has never been successful. So 2 new Mexican places huh?

The Deli sounds good.

Juniors Restaurant is opening in Mizner Park at the site of Ruby Tuesday. Didn’t know it had closed down but not surprised.

I’m assuming Juniors is a New York icon. Cheesecake is one of their famous items. I’m not a NYer so I don’t know it.

Yes here’s the scoop on Junior’s - I am not a big Cheesecake nut, so NBD for me… but I know many folks are.

Tucker Duke’s is opening soon on US1 just north of Glades and South of 20th St on the East side. It’s a great burger place, there’s one in Broward on Powerline.

NY Grilled Cheese also opening on Federal in Boca.

Well, at last a place that has stuck there - Crazy Uncle Mike’s. The owner knows what he’s doing… and it’s a good rare combo of live music, indoor and outdoor, sports but not too much, food for the popular palate, and good craft beer brewed on site.

I enjoy it, and it seems to be doing quite well after more than a year.